The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Travis Green new head coach

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would say same with Boeser.......if he comes in and makes it impossible to send him down, great.  If he comes in and doesn't stand out, then let him get to that point in Utica.  I'm almost more interested to see who they get to run the Comets as I am about Green

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out swinging with something to prove and makes the club. 

I'd just prefer if he were to at least start in Utica (with potentially better line mates) and REALLY get his offensive mojo back. But I'd prefer most of the kids start in Utica next year dominating and building chemistry. They'd get plenty of NHL games filling in for injuries and call up the better ones after moving some guys at the TDL.

I doubt that will happen, but that's what I'd prefer :lol:

Canucks:

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

UFA/prospect, Sutter, Dorsett (matchup dzone line)

Boucher/Rodin, UFA, Boeser/Goldobin (sheltered ozone line)

Utica:

Dahlen, 2017 pick?, Goldobin/Boeser

Virtanen, Zhuikenov?, Valk

Yup.

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would say same with Boeser.......if he comes in and makes it impossible to send him down, great.  If he comes in and doesn't stand out, then let him get to that point in Utica.  I'm almost more interested to see who they get to run the Comets as I am about Green

i'll be shocked if its not dave lowry.

9 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Wing? He plays RW. You mean go back to LW?

Oops, haven't slept for 24 hours and I definitely meant to say LW. I only watched 10 of the Comets games this year, but in that small sample size I thought he looked better on the left. Maybe there's no difference. Plus, didn't he play a little center this past season as well?

14 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I'm not good friends with him but I kind of know him. He didn't say anything about Willie but you can tell he was frustrated with what happened at the beginning of the year. 

How do you kind of know someone?  Have you had a conversation with him?  

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sad to hear that...think there is something HUGE to splitting them.  The predictability factor is strong and it would leave opponents guessing.  Right now, it's too easy for other teams because they know what to expect....

It's far more important IMO to have ready kids capable of pushing them down the lineup than splitting them IMO. That 'problem' gets overblown IMO.

1 hour ago, hockeyville88 said:

These photo ops are so awkward lol

The look on Travis Green's face says it all

That all being said, congrats to Travis Green on the opportunity. He has a heck of a job ahead of him. He doesn't bring the moxie of an AV, Babcock, Maclellan, etc. but I do wish him well

he's got the moxxy of a guy who has 15 successful years in the NHL as a player though.

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It's far more important IMO to have ready kids capable of pushing them down the lineup than splitting them IMO. That 'problem' gets overblown IMO.

I don't view it as a problem as much as potential that is there....

41 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Funny, that's a complete turn around from what we just moved on from, mind games was the WD's whole development strategy. 

Willie d played mind games that only he understood lol

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I don't view it as a problem as much as potential that is there....

I still think any benefit to splitting them is lost in splitting them. They're better together than apart. IMO, pushed down the depth chart and a capable, complimentary RW'er are more important.

15 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

That's great, but Mikael's NHL performance has been on a greater level than his brother's for several years. Even if you factor in his injury, you can't sell the idea that Markus is the superior player.

Mikael was obviously more highly touted as was reflected in their draft positions, so nobody is arguing that Markus is or will be better.

Fact is, Mikael has already played over 4 years in the NHL, and Markus the equivalent of two, with last year being his first full season.

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

How do you kind of know someone?  Have you had a conversation with him?  

Yes as I already stated, I've talked to him several times. We converse on occasion. I'm not a good buddy or anything though. He is a really friendly guy and good with the fans. 

1 minute ago, vancouverdepression said:

Baert Bo Boeser

Dahllen Hichier Goldobin

Sedin Sedin Erickson

Virtanen Granlund Dorsette

Hutton Edler

Stetcher Gudbranson

Tanev Sbisa

Markstrum

Bauchman 

???????

What happened to the balls of steel?

22 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Utica:

Thought we made it clear, sir -- Boeser will be on this team, save some extraordinary circumstances.  With the current roster as it is, if they both show well enough it appears that Virtanen and Goldobin will be battling over one spot.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Thought we made it clear, sir -- Boeser will be on this team, save some extraordinary circumstances.  With the current roster as it is, if they both show well enough it appears that Virtanen and Goldobin will be battling over one spot.

And in this (unlikely) scenario I'm proposing, I'd wager Boeser likely would be the one in the NHL. Hence why I listed him first  on the Canuck roster and Goldobin first on the Utica one ;) 

31 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Canucks:

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

UFA/prospect, Sutter, Dorsett (matchup dzone line)

Boucher/Rodin, UFA, Boeser/Goldobin (sheltered ozone line)

Utica:

Archived