The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet buys 650 CISL - New all sports station in the fall!!

jj99

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnet-launch-vancouver-sports-radio-station-fall/

here's the announcement. I wonder how low 1040 will go with their remaining time left :lol: 

I heard Sekeres was sick today, some kind of toxic ink exposure while writing up his resume. 

Hopefully SN doesn't &^@# it all up by doing what they did with SN Pacific and force feeding us a bunch of ill informed, Toronto based hosts that haven't the foggiest about this market.

The 'and Blue Jays!' part of the announcement has me concerned..... <_<

18 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I doubt we'll get it but I'd sure love something along the lines of informative and intelligent discussion instead of the uninformed and sensationalized garbage we get now...

It would tank if they had intelligent discussion. Remember, we're making the playoffs next year, and if you tell those who think like most on these boards otherwise, well they won't listen I bet. They'll be like, that guy is an idiot, he's not even from Vancouver, he's from Ontario. LOL... could you imagine? Because I just did.

Edit: AND AS I POST THIS.... LOL.... Your last post is AMAZINGLY TIMED!!!

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Hopefully SN doesn't &^@# it all up by doing what they did with SN Pacific and force feeding us a bunch of ill informed, Toronto based hosts that haven't the foggiest about this market.

The 'and Blue Jays!' part of the announcement has me concerned..... <_<

Not me, I've been a Jays fan from the get go and all Canucks would get tiresome. Hopefully they can bring in some new talent, hopefully with a local connection, that actually knows the game. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Not me, I've been a Jays fan from the get go and all Canucks would get tiresome. Hopefully they can bring in some new talent, hopefully with a local connection, that actually knows the game. 

Nobody said anything about all Canucks. We have plenty of local sports here (including 'local' Washington teams from assorted leagues) to not need 'Blue Jays!' as the secondary focus...

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Nobody said anything about all Canucks. We have plenty of local sports here (including 'local' Washington teams from assorted leagues) to not need 'Blue Jays!' as the secondary focus...

thats true. I'm not an NFL fan one iota so I didn't think of that. I think any radio manager knows this is a hockey 1st town so I'm not too worried as long as they don't think Bro Jake is a hockey expert we'll be fine. 

Lame that they'll do the jays as well.  That means from 3pm - 8pm it'll be jays pregame / game / and post game most days in the summer when a lot of their audience will be driving home from work.

25 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

thats true. I'm not an NFL fan one iota so I didn't think of that. I think any radio manager knows this is a hockey 1st town so I'm not too worried as long as they don't think Bro Jake is a hockey expert we'll be fine. 

They also have a baseball team that I'd argue has as many fans here as the Jays. And (like us) an MLS team. We also have the Lions and Giants and if they want to focus on hockey they could probably fill some airtime discussing prospects (including U18's, WJC, draft, Calder/Memorial cups etc) as well.

All things that should likely be ahead or at least on par with the Blue Jays in this market.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

They also have a baseball team that I'd argue has as many fans here as the Jays. And (like us) an MLS team. We also have the Lions and Giants and if they want to focus on hockey they could probably fill some airtime discussing prospects (including U18's, WJC, draft, Calder/Memorial cups etc) as well.

All things that should likely be ahead or at least on par with the Blue Jays in this market.

Curling and Darts should be ahead of the Jays for all I care. (I'm just still annoyed over the Expos)

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I doubt we'll get it but I'd sure love something along the lines of informative and intelligent discussion instead of the uninformed and sensationalized garbage we get now...

How about an eight hour Joey Kenward show, with Jon Abbott as his co-host? Two very unbiased guys, who aren't boring at all. Sprinkle in some IMac once in a while to spice things up...-_-

i will continue to listen to tsn 1040.

typical rogers sportsnet throwing in the jays games on there. not long before we get raptors calls too. maybe Toronto FC as well to jam down our throats. more rogers media controlling everything!

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Probably depends on what you think of Bob McCown Primetime Sports or Tim & Sid.

Poor personalities on 1040? At least they have guys that know something about BC and Vancouver in general. 

I'll probably never tune it to this toronto garbage. At least we had Donny, Pratt, Rintoul, Price... all guys that actually know something about the city... whether you like what they say or not...

Archived