The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet buys 650 CISL - New all sports station in the fall!!

jj99

18 minutes ago, apollo said:

Poor personalities on 1040? At least they have guys that know something about BC and Vancouver in general. 

I'll probably never tune it to this toronto garbage. At least we had Donny, Pratt, Rintoul, Price... all guys that actually know something about the city... whether you like what they say or not...

I'm going where Donny goes.

Even with certain people on 1040 are idiots like Pratt and Sekeres, I enjoy having guys like Jeff Paterson chime in, The MOJ, BMac and Donny.  Listening to the 2 - 7 pm segments with them damn they have some good arguments and real talk.  Keep those guys, the rest can go.  I hope they find a way to use Dave Tomlinson because he was a great insider for the Canucks on 1040.

I'm still going to support that station, they at least give a lickings about Canucks and Vancouverites, I dont even care about the Jays or any Toronto based sports teams...

Just now, Kevin Biestra said:

No kidding.  It was ridiculous when 1040 got a second station at 1410, and then as soon as the dinner bell rang, BOTH stations would pipe in US College Football talk.

Some nights I like to have the radio on a bit while going to sleep.  Unless there is a Canuck post-game show it's always NBA, NFL, or College football talk.  Meh.

31 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Even with certain people on 1040 are idiots like Pratt and Sekeres, I enjoy having guys like Jeff Paterson chime in, The MOJ, BMac and Donny.  Listening to the 2 - 7 pm segments with them damn they have some good arguments and real talk.  Keep those guys, the rest can go.  I hope they find a way to use Dave Tomlinson because he was a great insider for the Canucks on 1040.

I'm still going to support that station, they at least give a lickings about Canucks and Vancouverites, I dont even care about the Jays or any Toronto based sports teams...

tomlinson can stay......jon abbott can go back to the marlies! radio play by play has been horrid since we lost rick ball and abbott took over

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Hopefully SN doesn't &^@# it all up by doing what they did with SN Pacific and force feeding us a bunch of ill informed, Toronto based hosts that haven't the foggiest about this market.

The 'and Blue Jays!' part of the announcement has me concerned..... <_<

Hopefully they do the same soundcloud podcast stream that I use to listen to the 1040 shows I want when I want... definitely valuable in their case since I'll def need to skip thru all that talk about a buncha rich fat dudes hanging out chewing tobacco and throwing a ball around every once in a while

Lol at all the Toronto bashing.  I guess TSN 1040 is local eh?  

The Fan has a station in Calgary, waaaayy better than Team1040 and it's local guys giving local coverage from 6 am till 6pm. Except for a 2 hour Rome break. 

Hopefully they can can get some good locals like Moj, Donnie, BMac and Scotty R. I know Ray is TSN so he can't go. 

Please for for gods sake, no Pratt, Jake, Price, Sekeres or Botchford. 

16 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Lol at all the Toronto bashing.  I guess TSN 1040 is local eh?  

The Fan has a station in Calgary, waaaayy better than Team1040 and it's local guys giving local coverage from 6 am till 6pm. Except for a 2 hour Rome break. 

Hopefully they can can get some good locals like Moj, Donnie, BMac and Scotty R. I know Ray is TSN so he can't go. 

Please for for gods sake, no Pratt, Jake, Price, Sekeres or Botchford. 

I'd honestly rather just have a random fan host a call in show in the morning over listening to Pratt and Jake.  And over the piped in American stuff.

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

Hopefully SN doesn't &^@# it all up by doing what they did with SN Pacific and force feeding us a bunch of ill informed, Toronto based hosts that haven't the foggiest about this market.

The 'and Blue Jays!' part of the announcement has me concerned..... <_<

Agreed.  It would be nice if they tried to keep the station focused on what Vancouver sports fan care about.

Well this is a joke.... I give the station a week of pretending to be a Vancouver sports station before we are bombarded by non stop Toronto or Alberta garbage (to our closet Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary supporters who pretend to be Canuck fans, I just mean non Vancouver sports talk). 

Cant wait to hear Spectors thoughts on the Canuck situation each day :P

3 minutes ago, WiseOne said:

The worst part of that is that we are losing a classic Vancouver rock station. Competition will be good, although from 10am to 7pm 1040 is pretty solid. Hopefully 1040 does something about their morning show.

I couldn't agree more. 650 CISL is the first station I look for when traveling down to the Sunshine Coast from the Central Interior. It was a treat at Hope to start looking for it and taking bets to see where the signal would finally kick in. It's been a mark of the holidays when driving down to the Coast and as you said, it's a CLASSIC Vancouver rock.  station. I am not amused that it's going to be turned into an all sports station... already got one of those.....maybe IT'S act should be cleaned up. I used to be a regular listener to 1040 but that particular novelty wore off fairly quickly.

Archived