The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet buys 650 CISL - New all sports station in the fall!!

jj99

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

I couldn't agree more. 650 CISL is the first station I look for when traveling down to the Sunshine Coast from the Central Interior. It was a treat at Hope to start looking for it and taking bets to see where the signal would finally kick in. It's been a mark of the holidays when driving down to the Coast and as you said, it's a CLASSIC Vancouver rock.  station. I am not amused that it's going to be turned into an all sports station... already got one of those.....maybe IT'S act should be cleaned up. I used to be a regular listener to 1040 but that particular novelty wore off fairly quickly.

Technically 2, unless Sportsnet is going to fold one of theirs once the flagship franchise leaves them.  

Or, they could just embrace the Dark Side and dedicate one of them to Canucks-hate 24/7.

My bad, meant TSN...

6 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnet-launch-vancouver-sports-radio-station-fall/

here's the announcement. I wonder how low 1040 will go with their remaining time left :lol: 

I heard Sekeres was sick today, some kind of toxic ink exposure while writing up his resume. 

Hope he goes back to the Globe and Mail, takes Pratt, Bro Jack, Bmac, Taylor with him. And Please, don't hire Scott ( only my opinion counts ) cuz I know everything- Rintooll!

7 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Not me, I've been a Jays fan from the get go and all Canucks would get tiresome. Hopefully they can bring in some new talent, hopefully with a local connection, that actually knows the game. 

Totally. I've been a die hard Jays fan as long as I've been a Canucks fan (1994). Needless to say, there's been some tough times over the years! But you don't pick your favorite teams, they pick you. 

Part of me is at peace with Jays start this year. As amazing as their starting pitching is, their bats are old/declining fast and their bullpen is BAD. Time for a rebuild. But their awful start to the season has given me a chance to watch some playoff hockey, something I've always had a hard time doing when the Canucks are out of it. Oddly enough, it's made me a bit of a Leafs fan. Never thought i'd see the day....

Apparently neither of the other two Fan stations - Toronto and Calgary - stream the Jays games.  Its an MLB rights issue. They are on over-the-air radio but not the web.  The rest of their schedule looks pretty local, so that's a good sign.

8 hours ago, jj99 said:

Canucks and Jays ----- but best of all hopefully the end of some of the terrible on air personalities at 1040.

Thanks you for this. you just made my day!

*though I do hate to lose CISL; it was a great music station playing the oldies for 35 years.

RIP CISL

8 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

Great, more poor quality listening experiences on the AM dial. 

I believe CISL was the last music station on the AM dial. I listened to it off and on since it's inception in around '82.

Love getting the sports station (noon TSN version) but wish they could have poached a different location for it.

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

Hopefully SN doesn't &^@# it all up by doing what they did with SN Pacific and force feeding us a bunch of ill informed, Toronto based hosts that haven't the foggiest about this market.

The 'and Blue Jays!' part of the announcement has me concerned..... <_<

I actually hope they do bus in some hockey savvy out of town talent.

Our local media doesn't know hockey at all and it shows in their awful coverage.

7 hours ago, apollo said:

Poor personalities on 1040? At least they have guys that know something about BC and Vancouver in general. 

I'll probably never tune it to this toronto garbage. At least we had Donny, Pratt, Rintoul, Price... all guys that actually know something about the city... whether you like what they say or not...

They know the city but not the game. I'd prefer the opposite given a choice.

1 minute ago, Salmonberries said:

I actually hope they do bus in some hockey savvy out of town talent.

Our local media doesn't know hockey at all and it shows in their awful coverage.

There's lots of knowledgeable local guys, most of them just don't work for the mainstream media. 

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

There's lots of knowledgeable local guys, most of them just don't work for the mainstream media. 

I don't know who they are but I'd be all for hiring them then and putting them on air. What we have now is pathetic. Something like the Pipeline Show here would be great. Bringing in hockey nerds like Loubardias and Millard is what I'm thinking.

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

Totally. I've been a die hard Jays fan as long as I've been a Canucks fan (1994). Needless to say, there's been some tough times over the years! But you don't pick your favorite teams, they pick you. 

Part of me is at peace with Jays start this year. As amazing as their starting pitching is, their bats are old/declining fast and their bullpen is BAD. Time for a rebuild. But their awful start to the season has given me a chance to watch some playoff hockey, something I've always had a hard time doing when the Canucks are out of it. Oddly enough, it's made me a bit of a Leafs fan. Never thought i'd see the day....

the 92 & 93 years were ridiculous for enjoyment as a Jays fan. I'm also a life long SK Roughriders fan and was at the 89 Grey Cup in TO. I'll get my day with the Canucks yet. 

2 hours ago, lumberman said:

Hope he goes back to the Globe and Mail, takes Pratt, Bro Jack, Bmac, Taylor with him. And Please, don't hire Scott ( only my opinion counts ) cuz I know everything- Rintooll!

I'd like to see Taylor, along with maybe BMac and Rintoul make the move to Rogers and TSN fill with Russell and and The Moj in the afternoon and Pratt and Botchford in the morning. That;'d be the perfect good guy/bad guys scenario.

Archived