The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN - The/Toronto Sports Network

HKSR

Just saw this and thought it was hilarious.  I thought with the Leafs out of the playoffs, we'd finally get to the end of the Toronto Sports Network for this year... but nope, on the eve of the beginning of Round 2, here's what the TSN.ca website looks like:

That top story is about McDavid and Draisatl, but the rest belong to the centre of the universe.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Just saw this and thought it was hilarious.  I thought with the Leafs out of the playoffs, we'd finally get to the end of the Toronto Sports Network for this year... but nope, on the eve of the beginning of Round 2, here's what the TSN.ca website looks like:

That top story is about McDavid and Draisatl, but the rest belong to the centre of the universe.

yet canucks fans think ten is better than rogers

2 minutes ago, canucks.bradley said:

What would you like to see instead?

C'mon it's alright to have one story about the leafs but to have 9 on the front page when both Edmonton and Ottawa are still in the playoffs is just asinine.  There's also the NBA playoffs, NFL draft, CFL training camp(I couldn't type that with a straight face lol) and a slew of other sports stories to be covered. 

14 minutes ago, Xbox said:

It's what gets them the most hits whether you like it or not. If you don't like TSN why do you follow them or use their website? That's what makes no sense to me.

I didn't say I liked or hated TSN, I just find it amusing.  The self-centred nature of TSN around Toronto isn't even subtle lol.

7 minutes ago, canucks.bradley said:

What would you like to see instead? The Leafs just go eliminated and today was locker clean up day. 

Canucks looking to hire Green isn't great news anyways lol and not official

I would have expected to see 1, maybe 2, maybe even 3 items related to their locker clean up day, but count them... 8 items on that front page all regarding the Leafs.  That's a little overkill, no?

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

C'mon it's alright to have one story about the leafs but to have 9 on the front page when both Edmonton and Ottawa are still in the playoffs is just asinine.  There's also the NBA playoffs, NFL draft, CFL training camp(I couldn't type that with a straight face lol) and a slew of other sports stories to be covered. 

I assume it was all that since it was "hot"/breaking news. It is more of a mix now. NBA playoffs I can see, but NFL draft and CFL training camp to TSN probably doesn't generate a lot of clicks. 

Remember, all the video clips would have just been cut by TSN so at the time of the above screenshot, they were the newest.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 2.08.58 PM.png

The Province sports writers are no better than those monkeys on TSN. Nothing good to say about the Canucks and rave reviews about the Leafs. Even in today's paper, there's an article titled "Budding contender blossoms out east". So, I'm guessing there will be articles all summer about the upcoming Leafs season, and how close they came to winning it all. lol

30 minutes ago, Xbox said:

It's what gets them the most hits whether you like it or not. If you don't like TSN why do you follow them or use their website? That's what makes no sense to me.

This. Especially the first sentence.

I almost never use the website, but I have similar feelings about the channel.  Years ago when it started, it was exciting to have a new source for televised games.  It's fine that the Leafs get more games shown, being the biggest market, but I never felt that the representation of games were proportional, and clearly the commentary wasn't.  So, while more games were added to the schedule (back when we were lucky to have half the games televised), the experience wasn't near as good.

And, IIRC we didn't have a choice: it was part of our cable bills.

TSN.com is just an extension of this centrist behavior, and I'm curious if it would be a better business model to serve the rest of the country better than they currently do.  There are more people outside ON than in, but I guess some of those dufuses are Leaf fans too ;) 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I didn't say I liked or hated TSN, I just find it amusing.  The self-centred nature of TSN around Toronto isn't even subtle lol.

Really? You minus me over that and then reply with an 'lol'? I'm all sorts of confused.

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

So TSN is a giant self-pleasuring aid for Leafs fans, thats nothing new. The only thing that annoys me is when they call themselves "Canada's Team" which is complete crap. 

I think that moniker goes to whatever CDN team is last left in the playoffs... Unless its Vancouver. Then its us against the world pretty much!

Dont want it any other way tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think that moniker goes to whatever CDN team is last left in the playoffs... Unless its Vancouver. Then its us against the world pretty much!

Dont want it any other way tbh. 

sure but they call themselves that all year! 

53 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

So TSN is a giant self-pleasuring aid for Leafs fans, thats nothing new. The only thing that annoys me is when they call themselves "Canada's Team" which is complete crap. 

At least we'll always have the short story of the boy who hated the Leafs so much that he prayed to God for moths to eat the Leafs jersey he got instead of the Habs jersey he wanted.

7 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

At least we'll always have the short story of the boy who hated the Leafs so much that he prayed to God for moths to eat the Leafs jersey he got instead of the Habs jersey he wanted.

3 hours ago, Stelar said:

The inferiority complex of some Canuck fans is amazing. 

It's not an inferiority complex at all. 

It's a simple case of Toronto arrogance shining through. I can totally understand the dislike for Toronto in this market. Much like English arrogance in sport.

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

"Canada's Team" when in 2011 them and CBC sent full on hate attacks on the Canucks. Absolute disgrace. This is why I will never cheer for the leafs no matter what the scenario is. 

Archived