The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN - The/Toronto Sports Network

HKSR

4 hours ago, canucks.bradley said:

What would you like to see instead? The Leafs just go eliminated and today was locker clean up day. 

Canucks looking to hire Green isn't great news anyways lol and not official

Common sense isn't always common. We have a few days without hockey between the Leafs getting eliminated and the second round starting.

I took a look at TSN and there's a section on the Leafs below the top headlines (Oilers/Ducks, Andersson, and Karlsson's injury leading the way) and then a bit more about the Oilers than a few articles on the Canucks and Green. Seems pretty well spread across a few Canadian teams to me.

But sure OP, give TSN more press about how you think they suck when all it did was get us to go look at their site and prove you wrong.

4 hours ago, canucks.bradley said:

What would you like to see instead? The Leafs just go eliminated and today was locker clean up day. 

Canucks looking to hire Green isn't great news anyways lol and not official

I didn't see as much Flames or Habs news. In my first 10 years after arriving in Canada, I honestly thought it was the Toronto Sports Network. I was shocked when I found out it wasn't.

It's not hard to update websites' content based on source IP address. So if you are coming from BC, maybe adjust the articles to focus more on Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary.

Can't say it bothers me. It is what it is and there's other options.

Though I must say I did find it funny when we played EDM in pre season and beat them 5-3. Stetcher even scored a beauty goal and 2 assists and all the highlights were of McDavid who did nothing. Not 1 single Canucks highlight.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

"Canada's Team" when in 2011 them and CBC sent full on hate attacks on the Canucks. Absolute disgrace. This is why I will never cheer for the leafs no matter what the scenario is. 

never saw a jersey thrown on the ice in Vancouver 

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Just saw this and thought it was hilarious.  I thought with the Leafs out of the playoffs, we'd finally get to the end of the Toronto Sports Network for this year... but nope, on the eve of the beginning of Round 2, here's what the TSN.ca website looks like:

That top story is about McDavid and Draisatl, but the rest belong to the centre of the universe.

Exactly why I just can't bring myself to pull for this team. Canada has 7 teams and the leafs get at least half the media's time. Makes me nauseous 

2 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I didn't see as much Flames or Habs news. In my first 10 years after arriving in Canada, I honestly thought it was the Toronto Sports Network. I was shocked when I found out it wasn't.

It's not hard to update websites' content based on source IP address. So if you are coming from BC, maybe adjust the articles to focus more on Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary.

Flames locker clean out was April 21st. I did not browse TSN on that day, but I wonder how much content was Flames. Here is a screen shot from April 21st in the evening. Video doesn't get archived, but the mix of content is there - considering it was a game day for the Leafs. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.05.22 PM.png

It is hard IF you don't have a lot of staff to write this regional content. Who is going to write all this regional content for Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary? Bell is already pretty lean as it is. 

The most recent screen shot has quite the variety of content.

• NBA with the main headline
  • Grizzlies heading 2
  • Send heading 3
  • Leafs are 6th on the Top Headlines list
  • Video has some Canucks in it for Green. (Clearly took time to write/film the story)
  • Lots of Sens coverage for video. 
  •  

Total Leafs content before the webpage fold: 2

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.09.08 PM.png

39 minutes ago, niknuk85 said:

Exactly why I just can't bring myself to pull for this team. Canada has 7 teams and the leafs get at least half the media's time. Makes me nauseous 

And only one had locker clean out today. It is what it is - breaking/latest news. 

Check back tomorrow when the Canucks address the Green hiring 

• 1 month later...

The bias continues...

Take a look at the videos on TSN's main page... this one is great...

"McDavid, Matthews highlight 2017 NHL Award winners"

Matthews?  Seriously?  McDavid won the Hart, Art Ross and Lindsay awards.  Yes, McDavid was a highlight.

Now let's look at Matthews.  He won the Calder.  ONE trophy.  Oh, you mean the same number of trophies as Bobrovsky, Gaudreau, Anderson, Torterella, Poile, Burns, Bergeron, Foligno, Hamonic, and Crosby?  Yup, Matthews stood out over all the others for sure... especially the most emotional moment of the night... Anderson.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

The bias continues...

Take a look at the videos on TSN's main page... this one is great...

"McDavid, Matthews highlight 2017 NHL Award winners"

Matthews?  Seriously?  McDavid won the Hart, Art Ross and Lindsay awards.  Yes, McDavid was a highlight.

Now let's look at Matthews.  He won the Calder.  ONE trophy.  Oh, you mean the same number of trophies as Bobrovsky, Gaudreau, Anderson, Torterella, Poile, Burns, Bergeron, Foligno, Hamonic, and Crosby?  Yup, Matthews stood out over all the others for sure... especially the most emotional moment of the night... Anderson.

And yet, three hours later...its all Oilers

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.48.51 PM.png

2 minutes ago, canucks.bradley said:

And yet, three hours later...its all Oilers

And so it SHOULD be... there was a big trade involving the Oilers today. 

The problem is when the Leafs do nothing with their team, but somehow hit the headlines for no reason.

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And so it SHOULD be... there was a big trade involving the Oilers today. 

The problem is when the Leafs do nothing with their team, but somehow hit the headlines for no reason.

It is what it is. Toronto is one of the largest markets. 

It also takes time to write stories and come up with media to post to web

• 2 weeks later...

Archived