The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Your Jack Adams finalists - feat. Torts

W  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Torts by a landslide.

Nothing against Babcock or McLellan, but the argument against them is that Edmonton had an entire season of McDavid (led NHL in points) and a better defense in place, while Toronto (who really is exciting) had 3 new players who weren't on the team last year (Matthews, Marner, Nylander) who all had over 60 points this season.

Torts had a 19 year old defenseman who was playing far beyond expectations.

Honestly, it's gotta be Torts. Given the Matthews hype improvement was expected, and well.. with a healthy McDavid the Oil were basically a lock for the playoffs.

Torts pulled that group together, I doubt very many people were expecting the BJ's to have the season they had.

I think it's going to be Babcock.

He's been passed over for this award before and I bet the broadcasters who vote on this will figure he is due.

Side note - it's interesting they refer to them as 'finalists'.  Unless I am mistaken, there's only one round of voting so there's no finals to be a finalist of.  They're really just the top three vote getters.

Torts. McLellan had the legend himself, McDavid to work with and even Babcock had Matthews, who is pretty darn good himself.

Werenski is amazing, but unlike the other two, I think he's surpassed expectations and some of that may be due to Torts. Torts wins it this year.

1 hour ago, khay said:

McLellan. First playoff apperance in 11 years. Not just that, reached the second round against a very tough team.

Playoffs aren't relevant. All individual awards except the Conn Smythe are strictly regular season awards.

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i still think the capitals coach should have been nominated

and likely should win

him or torts (even though i despise what he did in vancouver)

Yeah it was a disaster of a year but in my "dislike list", there's Keenan....then a HUGE gap before you get to #2 on the list [Bill LaForge for me].

Archived