The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation]Drouin to be moved? (McKenzie)

86Viking

I'm not "reporting" it or guaranteeing it will happen, but if Jonathan Drouin were dealt, I wouldn't be shocked:https://twitter.com/adolce95/status/857989657384103937 

Interesting if true. He does need a new contract. Tampa has others to sign as well. Always thought after what happened that water under the bridge seemed to good to be true.

Would love the Canucks to make an offer for him, be an elite set up guy for Boeser or Virtanen. Tampa would likely have interest in Tanev, but we would need to add to him to get the deal done.

Sure there will be lots of interest in him if he is available

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I'm not "reporting" it or guaranteeing it will happen, but if Jonathan Drouin were dealt, I wouldn't be shocked:https://twitter.com/adolce95/status/857989657384103937 

Interesting if true. He does need a new contract. Tampa has others to sign as well. Always thought after what happened that water under the bridge seemed to good to be true.

Would love the Canucks to make an offer for him, be an elite set up guy for Boeser or Virtanen. Tampa would likely have interest in Tanev, but we would need to add to him to get the deal done.

Sure there will be lots of interest in him if he is available

Yeah, we can't afford him without gutting our prospect pool. I'd totally rather let the chips fall where they may in the draft.

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah, we can't afford him without gutting our prospect pool. I'd totally rather let the chips fall where they may in the draft.

This.

We'd have to trade the players we'd want him to play with in order to get him. We just don't have the depth yet to get a player like this.

I totally think other teams have more protection problems than we do on protecting top tier forwards.

Not to dis our forwards but our forwards are very young and yet to prove themselves-- say like a forward like Drouin.

We may be able to get a good forward yet for say Tanev maybe.

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

3 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

This.

We'd have to trade the players we'd want him to play with in order to get him. We just don't have the depth yet to get a player like this.

I disagree, a Tanev + deal would work in my mind.

Tanev+Baer

for

Drouin+3rd

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I disagree, a Tanev + deal would work in my mind.

Tanev+Baer

for

Drouin+3rd

I think this is close, but we likely wont be getting a pick. Tanev and Baer should be close but probably still not enough.

Hedman Tanev would be a great pairing though

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Obviously I would do it in a heartbeat but I doubt Tampa goes for it. Last time Douin was on the block they wanted Horvat.

ya but that didn't happen so the price on their end has to go down. A top pairing shutdown D and a middle six forward seems like good value to me.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sometimes it is okay to dream.

A top-six featuring:

Drouin - Hischier - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Dahlen

:o

Honestly I think Granlund has a brighter future then Baertschi. I could see him getting 25 next year.

Drouin-2017pick-Boeser

Dahlen-Horvat-Granlund

Goldy-Gaudette-Virtanen

That has the potential to be a great top 9 for us

Archived