The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation]Drouin to be moved? (McKenzie)

86Viking

32 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

but I don't think they'd be so quick to part with those guys... there's going to be a lot of pre-work with Drouin's agent on an extension so there's a lot at play here I think 

If Nashville moves Ellis, they won't have to lose Ekholm, Colin Wilson or Craig Smith in the expansion draft.

So actually, it's quite likely that the Preds move a D-man.

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tanevr plus their choice of Baertschi and Granlund.

Think we could get a prospect as well if we take Callahan's contract back? Drouin is an easy upgrade over Baertschi as much as I like him but I think Granlund is the type of player who will be really valuable down the road. 

Just now, Pears said:

Think we could get a prospect if we take Callahan's contract back? Drouin is an easy upgrade over Baertschi as much as I like him but I think Granlund is the type of player who will be really valuable down the road. 

That contract's way too long.  Hard no on eating it.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Depending on who the prospect is it could be worth it. I also mentioned in another thread we could techincally take it on with all the cap space we'll have. 

3 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

This.

We'd have to trade the players we'd want him to play with in order to get him. We just don't have the depth yet to get a player like this.

well Tampa needs a D and it just so happens that Tryamkin is suddenly available. Yzerman would have no problem accommodating BFG as there are a few Russians on the team and yzerman just knows how to deal with Russians by having dealt with the best that's ever played the game.

Tryamkin and our 2 2nd picks and we can even take on Callahans contract as well.

If we walk away from the draft with one of Patrick, Hischier, or Glass plus Drouin, while utilizing a dormant asset, then that's a good days work

Baertschi-Horvat-Drouin

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Boeser

Virtanen-Sutter-Goldobin

suddenly we have 3 very skilled lines

I would have no issue locking up Drouin for 8yrs at 7m per as he is destined to become a 40+ goal scorer by next year or the year after. Also gives time for Boeser to develop with the twins for a year until Patrick, Hischier, or Glass can step in

if I'm Benning, I'm pushing hard to get that guy

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

not if that contract becomes LTIR much like what Arizona did with their own little island of misfit contracts....datsyuk, pronger etc...

besides...not like its YOUR money right?

and ya, I would have no problem trading Baertschi too but Tryamkin is the focal point of any package

1 minute ago, missioncanucksfan said:

not if that contract becomes LTIR much like what Arizona did with their own little island of misfit contracts....datsyuk, pronger etc...

besides...not like its YOUR money right?

and ya, I would have no problem trading Baertschi too but Tryamkin is the focal point of any package

Cap space is too valuable to waste it over a lot term.  Lightning wouldn't give a prospect to get rid of the contract if it was easily buried through LTIR.

3 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah, we can't afford him without gutting our prospect pool. I'd totally rather let the chips fall where they may in the draft.

flip them Goldobin + 2 2nds:D

I'd hate to move them but Damn Daniel son.  drouin be mad skillz

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Cap space is too valuable to waste it over a lot term.  Lightning wouldn't give a prospect to get rid of the contract if it was easily buried through LTIR.

sorry...im just a huge Drouin fan. his style along with a good 2 way center is the way the league is these days and its exciting as hell to watch

Matthews/marner

Toews/Kane

Monahan/Gaudreau

Scheifle/Ehlers

Horvat/Drouin would be amazing

1 minute ago, missioncanucksfan said:

sorry...im just a huge Drouin fan. his style along with a good 2 way center is the way the league is these days and its exciting as hell to watch

Matthews/marner

Toews/Kane

Monahan/Gaudreau

Scheifle/Ehlers

Horvat/Drouin would be amazing

I want Drouin too but I'd rather add more the other way instead of crippling our cap situation long-term.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I want Drouin too but I'd rather add more the other way instead of crippling our cap situation long-term.

well it doesn't sound as bad when Sedins come off the books.  Don't nickle n dime the stars by trying to cheap them with bs bridge contracts. pay them, keep them happy. they are the reason the fans come, they put butts in seats. I truly have no issue with also giving Bo 7m over 8yrs. This is the downfall of drafting and acquiring good draft picks and skilled players. eventually they need to get paid and expect to get paid.

if they can get rid of Erikssons anchor contract, that would help as well

2 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

well it doesn't sound as bad when Sedins come off the books.  Don't nickle n dime the stars by trying to cheap them with bs bridge contracts. pay them, keep them happy. they are the reason the fans come, they put butts in seats. I truly have no issue with also giving Bo 7m over 8yrs. This is the downfall of drafting and acquiring good draft picks and skilled players. eventually they need to get paid and expect to get paid.

if they can get rid of Erikssons anchor contract, that would help as well

So pay the future rather than Callahan.

Archived