The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] The 5th Pick of 2017 Draft

Ichiban604

Canucks will draft...  

440 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What or who will the Canucks draft with their 5th pick?

I think we will draft a center and there will be many skill ones left on the board with the 5th pick. Personally, I hope the Canucks will draft Casey Mittelstadt. "Skill-set among top in the draft class. Elusive one-on-one talent & electric quickness." Kid from Minnesotta, connection with Boeser?

I also hope on draft day, one of Elder/Tanev will get traded, as we will commit to a  for full rebuild.

I dont mind us, trading up to get Nico/Nolan. I perfer Nico. They are the most NHL ready players in this draft. Outside of those 2 players, it will take a few years for them to develop. Which sucks, I do want to see new excitement starting next year with our 1st pick of this draft.

Casey Mittelstadt, the kid is good. He's fast, good shooter great passer, good vision and creates opportunities out of nothing. Only knock is his defensive game, but he has time to work on that in the NCAA.  

20 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

I like Glass, but am intrigued by the offensive potential of Liljegren on the right side of Juolevi in a few years. I am on the fence, but I say ef it lets gamble on Liljegren.  

I'm curious about Liljegren. Why has he dropped? He was a projected Top 2 pick not too long ago.

Cody Glass

Center -- shoots R
Born Apr 1 1999 -- Winnipeg, MAN
[18 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 179 [188 cm/81 kg]

Related Information

League Information

Cody Glass played in one league over the course of his career. Learn more about the league from its League History page.

Team Information

If you would like to know more about the one team that Cody Glass played for during his career, visit its Team History page.

** I agree with you Rollieo Del Fuego and Darius 71. Cody will grow to like 6'4 or 6'5 and over 200lbs. And he'll be a force up front for them.  A C/RW is what the canucks need. But who knows right. On June 23rd and the 24th will tell all I guess. I'm sure Jim Benning will make a good pick for this team and moving forward. ((No Russians please)) All they do is bolt to the KHL.

Go Canucks Go

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2014-15 Portland Winterhawks WHL 3 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Portland Winterhawks WHL 65 10 17 27 20 -2 4 1 2 3 0

2016-17

Portland Winterhawks WHL 69 32 62 94 36 31 11 4 5 9

2 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I'm curious about Liljegren. Why has he dropped? He was a projected Top 2 pick not too long ago.

A weakish year but he was playing catchup all year due to mono. Honestly I think he's the best D prospect but fell because of illness and could not get back up to speed during season.

Just now, HC20.0 said:

Liljegren was sick with mono at the start of the season so his numbers were down, but even long after he came back, he just hasn't put up decent numbers at all. Last year, a lot of people thought he had good hockey sense, but this year, his hockey IQ has been more and more mentioned as a liability. Basically, both Heiskanen and Makar have looked a lot better while offering the same high skillset. But the thing with Makar is that he has been playing against weaker competition.

15 minutes ago, winthecup said:

If we are going for a centreman and Vilardi is still available, do we pick him over Glass or Mittelstadt? 

Yes. Vilardi takes some heat from time to time that I do not understand. He is going to be a great player. If he is available at 5, we jump on him.

8 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

He had a rough year with sickness. Stunted his development this year while other player have been huge raisers. Guys like Glass, Necas, Heiskanen, Makar, ect have been shooting up the ranks lately. Both the latter being in a direct challenge to his position. I think he will still be a great player, and if Benning picks him i'll be ok with that pick. Could end up being a huge steal if he falls in the draft, similar to Chychrun last year.

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Glass...will grow to 6'4" plus and 220 lbs.  for sure given his family,  he can skate and goes to the hard areas, puts up points like crazy 5 on 5....he's our guy....

Yeah, he comes from a big family. He said he would like to peak at 6'3 but I could easily see him hitting 6'4 or 6'5. Very intriguing player, I'm so torn between him and   Mittelstadt. Skill vs all- around player. It really comes down to who would be a better 1-2 punch with Horvat.

16 minutes ago, gino#29 said:

who cares

Great insight, glad you came out.

Just now, Down by the River said:

There is a history of big-time performances in the CHL playoffs resulting in moving up a few rankings. If that trend continues, Suzuki could move up in the draft.

TOP%20PROSPECTS_zpsmwnlowxi.png

I'm starting to think Suzuki might be an option at 5. Although in no way do I think Benning would take him.

Archived