The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Canucks 2017 - Draft Picks

Rush17

canucks 1.png                    draft.png

Linden Post Draft - Message to fans

VANCOUVER CANUCKS SELECT .............. 5TH, 33RD, ????, 64TH, 95TH, ___, 188TH OVERALL!!!!

For sure picks for Vancouver:

1st Round (Pick #5) Vancouver pick
2nd Round (Pick #33) Vancouver pick
3rd Round (Pick #64) Vancouver pick
4th Round (Pick #95) Vancouver pick
4th Round (Pick #) San Jose pick *
7th Round (Pick #188) Vancouver pick

Potential picks for Vancouver:

1st Round (Pick #5) Vancouver pick
2nd Round (Pick #33) Vancouver pick
2nd Round (Pick #) Columbus pick *** IF CBJ gives us this years ***
3rd Round (Pick #64) Vancouver pick
4th Round (Pick #95) Vancouver pick
4th Round (Pick #) San Jose pick *
7th Round (Pick #188) Vancouver pick

Additions:
San Jose 2017 (4th round pick) **Hansen for Goldobin trade from SJS**

Possible Addition
Columbus 2017 (2nd round pick) **Pick up cost for Torts signing in CBJ**

Subtraction:
Vancouver 2017 (6th round pick) **Jensen for Etem trade from NYR**
Vancouver 2017 (5th round pick) **Larsen pick up from EDM**

Does anyone know if San Jose or Columbus' draft positons have been finalized?  So essentially we have 5 selections in the first 4 rounds as of today.  (With the possiblity of a 6th if Columbus opts to provide us theirs for the Torts hiring.)  There are rumblings outside the organization of a potential move down but the organization seems like the 5th overall pick.  

If you have anything to add to this discussion or this main post feel free to leave a note.  I hope this is an ok section for this.  Please feel free to share who you link at each round and why.  Think we could have a really fun conversation here.

San Jose's position will depend on who's eliminated in the second round and who makes it through. I think all of the teams that are eliminated from the first two rounds are grouped up and ranked in reverse order by their regular season performance. 

Pretty much gaurenteed Columbus gives us their 2nd this year with the lower draft position and weaker draft. I'd be shocked if they don't. I believe that's why linden has been so confidently saying canucks have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.

I did the math a few days ago. 56th overall pick if Anaheim wins their series. 55th if Edmonton wins that series. No other scenarios. 

(The 4 conference finalists + 4 division winners + teams with more regular season points than Columbus will pick after them in the 2nd round; therefore CHI and MTL are known, + 1 of NYR/OTT, + 1 of STL/NSH, + both of PIT/WSH, + 2 if EDM wins the series + 1 if Anaheim wins the series. So that's 7 or 8... 55th or 56th.)

I didnt account for any NHL awarded picks from 1st/2nd round draft picks who don't sign... is there any this year?

50 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

San Jose's position will depend on who's eliminated in the second round and who makes it through. I think all of the teams that are eliminated from the first two rounds are grouped up and ranked in reverse order by their regular season performance. 

The pick should be #111-113. Depends on if OTT and NSH move onto the conference finals.

12 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

So our draft position for the 1st round doesn't apply to the remaining rounds and the regular season standings apply the rest of the way? Hopefully someone confirms. Not 100% sure

The lottery was only for the first round. The remaining rounds are as the standings go, so we get the 2nd pick in the 2nd round (33rd). The consolation of finishing 2nd last instead of any higher is that at least we are before Vegas in the draft so we aren't bumped a draft pick because of their addition this year.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

The lottery was only for the first round. The remaining rounds are as the standings go, so we get the 2nd pick in the 2nd round (33rd). The consolation of finishing 2nd last instead of any higher is that at least we are before Vegas in the draft so we aren't bumped a draft pick because of their addition this year.

thank goodness that's the case eh lol.  that makes a big difference in the first couple rounds especially.  

I am kind of sad we got so little picks from the end of the 4th to our final selection. but having so many in the top 120 is definitely a bonus and I wouldn't be surprised if Jim moves around a bit if the guy they like is projected in a later round.

fun times :D

Archived