The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) 5th, 33rd and later picks

Just wondering who you would pick at 5th overall and 33rd ( which is like having a late second rounder). Assuming Patrick and Hishier go 1st and 2nd. There doesn't seem to be a huge drop off in talent from picks 3-5. Also thoughts on late round picks?

A few players I'm interested in ( in order)

1.GABRIEL VILARDI

2. OWEN TIPPETT

3.CASEY MITTELSTADT 

Other intrigueing options: Cody Glass and Callan Foote, KRISTIAN VESALAINEN, 

For 33rd 

1. MAXIME COMTOIS

2. MATTHEW STROME

3. MORGAN FROST

Intrigueing Option : STELIO MATTHEOS

Late round picks I'd like: EVAN BARRATT, REILLY WALSH, SANTERI VIRTANEN, DANIIL VOVCHENKO

7 minutes ago, Blazer8717 said:

There doesn't seem to be a huge drop off in talent from picks 3-5. 

Thats why im not even mad we fell. Odds are that we were not going to hold the 1 or 2 spots and like you say 3-5 the talent level is the same. I want VILARDI or MITTELSTADT  at 5.

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

At this point it really doesn't matter, they are all a long, long ways off of helping this team at all, if ever.

Seriously dude, why are you here then.  Every thread it's the same garbage. It's a lottery, get over it......

4 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Seriously dude, why are you here then.  Every thread it's the same garbage. It's a lottery, get over it......

I'm here to tell fan's like you to take off the ROSE COLOURED GLASSES and WAKE UP! The NHL is a JOKE using trickery like lotteries. It's no where even close to being fair to teams on decline that really need the help to stay competitive. It's not just about the Canucks, the system is corrupt and unfair.

5th: Glass, Vilardi, Mittlestadt

33rd: Comtois, Popugaev, Anderson-Dolan, Lind, Thomas

CBJ 2nd: Shaw, Oettinger

3rd round: Entwistle, Ratcliffe

4th round: Ruzicka, Skinner

7th round: Fix-Wolansky

Those are really the only names I know and who could be available at our picks. 

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I'm here to tell fan's like you to take off the ROSE COLOURED GLASSES and WAKE UP! The NHL is a JOKE using trickery like lotteries. It's no where even close to being fair to teams on decline that really need the help to stay competitive. It's not just about the Canucks, the system is corrupt and unfair.

IMG_0259.GIF

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Botchford is reporting that the org has Timothy Liljegren ranked quite highly, possibly in the top 5.  I like Glass and Mittlestadt at forward because of their skating ability.  

That's right.  Benning says he has a PPQB in his top 5.  Botch thinks it's Liljegren even though many have him out of the top 10 now.  The question is, who does he have for the other 2?

I'm guessing Villardi and Mittlestadt but since Benning puts so much stock in character, I have to think his final list will depend on how the players interview at the combine.

I don't know...I get nervous when Benning starts scheming and goes outside the consensus. It looks like Virtanen was the wrong choice (Ehlers, Nylander, even Ritchie). And passing on Thachuck...

Thats why I was so hoping for the 2nd overall pick...just take Hischier and don't have to think about it.

So, it better be Vilardi or Mittelstadt...whichever is still there at 5.

Archived