The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cale Makar lights it up tonight with scouts galore in Penticton BC for the WCC

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You have some major reading comprehension issues.  I never said they are 3rd D man types. I said the top 3 D in this year draft (makar, Liljegren Heiskanen) aren't in the same ball park as the top D in next year draft. 

Before you make a claim against someone you might want to double check exactly what they said.

My bad, was skimming thru the posts.

I agree that Liljegren and Heiskanen arent in that ball park but Makar has the skill set to be... teams gotta get a sense of his commitment to university. If its 3 years he wants... that drops his stock big time.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:12 AM, CHYCHRUN said:

So your saying Makar and Liljegren are a 3rd d-man type?  Give it a rest man.  A) you can't say that when everyone is saying that are top 2 minimum. B) Some are saying Makar could be a generational talent, a true no.1 PP QB.

I'm not saying he will be, but I would take Craig Buttons word for it over yours.

Nobody can predict where Colorado finishes next season.  To trade a locked in 5th for a future 1st round pick is crazy.  What if Colorado trades Landeskog for a top D-pairing guy? What if they figure out the goaltender issue?  What if they draft vilardi with the pick we give them (5th) which gives them centers McKinnen, Duchene, Vilardi as there 3 solid lines down the middle?  What if they trade there very own 4th pick for another D-Man?  All in all we don't know what they do... all we know is they are going to make some changes and they might figure it out.  If they do, you would regret giving them a 5th overall plus a 2nd rounder for what could be a mid to late 1st if things go Colorado's way.  That's a crazy gamble.

Thats not even a gamble, that is called stupidity. Colorado picking 4th and 5th and doing trades in the off-season will put them higher than last, especially with vegas. The Canucks would be stupid to give their 5th this year, especially since there is no guarantee they can with the 1st overall pick. They should try to pick BPA at 5th and hope to win the lottery next draft and maybe do trades for more first round picks rather than trading a 5th pick that is guaranteed for a pick that might be 15th overall.

On 2017-05-04 at 9:45 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

From the few reports I've read  Av's aren't even considering taking a D (which I find someone surprising) they've narrowed it down, trading it away or taking to Vilardi vs Mittel.  And they are leaning toward vilardi for his right shot and ability to play a strong two way game.

That would make sense. Colorado takes Vilardi right before we pick. Cursed I tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived