The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ian Macintyre leaving Vancouver Sun.

3 hours ago, baumerman77 said:

He'll probably get a job working for one of those hockey nerd's blogs; that is if there is room in their parents' basement. 

If his material is as original as yours, he may wind up burger flipping.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hopefully Botchford is let go from the Province. He seems unhappy with our rain anyways. 

i think he's "freelance" already. That negative hack has really notched up the BS lately. 

Won't miss him.  One of the biggest media homers around.  Will never forget his, "the heavy lifting of the rebuild is done line," lol!  He made excuses after excuses for willie and management.  Botchford and jpat are the only media with enough balls to call the canucks on their bs and not just pretend like things are sunshine and rainbows, like some canucks fans seem to want the media to do.  Some fans would love if the media here was just an extension of the canucks and act like their PR arm.  They detest any sort of negativity about the canucks, even when it's totally justified.  They want the media to act like this is a great team and the 2011 canucks or something.  They can't handle realism or any negativity.

6 hours ago, FireGillis said:

Won't miss him.  One of the biggest media homers around.  Will never forget his, "the heavy lifting of the rebuild is done line," lol!  He made excuses after excuses for willie and management.  Botchford and jpat are the only media with enough balls to call the canucks on their bs and not just pretend like things are sunshine and rainbows, like some canucks fans seem to want the media to do.  Some fans would love if the media here was just an extension of the canucks and act like their PR arm.  They detest any sort of negativity about the canucks, even when it's totally justified.  They want the media to act like this is a great team and the 2011 canucks or something.  They can't handle realism or any negativity.

I forget, can you remind me when IMac referred to Jordan Subban as the dark guy in the middle?  I remember when Botch did. 

6 hours ago, FireGillis said:

I'd say there's plenty of negative coverage in the marketplace with or without him. After all, we're in what is widely regarded around the NHL as the worst, most negative media market for sports in North America.

17 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I'd say there's plenty of negative coverage in the marketplace with or without him. After all, we're in what is widely regarded around the NHL as the worst, most negative media market for sports in North America.

I highly doubt the media is more negative here than Toronto during the bad years or Montreal and their French media. We have it easy here compared to them. 

6 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

I highly doubt the media is more negative here than Toronto during the bad years or Montreal and their French media. We have it easy here compared to them. 

I've heard players refer to Vancouver media as the worst in the league on multiple occasions, Dan Cloutier when he was first acquired by the Canucks comes to mind. I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but we're certainly in the conversation to the extent that it's a barrier to signing free agents. The negative reputation has been wide spread for a long time.

9 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I've heard players refer to Vancouver media as the worst in the league on multiple occasions, Dan Cloutier when he was first acquired by the Canucks comes to mind. I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but we're certainly in the conversation to the extent that it's a barrier to signing free agents. The negative reputation has been wide spread for a long time.

I don't think we compare to Steve hot dog Kessel Simmons or the French media in Montreal who ran subban out of town. We're small time compared to Toronto and Montreal because they have more media. You can't convince me how the Toronto media treated kessel is better than anything in Vancouver. I just don't buy it. 

2 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

I don't think we compare to Steve hot dog Kessel Simmons or the French media in Montreal who ran subban out of town. We're small time compared to Toronto and Montreal because they have more media. You can't convince me how the Toronto media treated kessel is better than anything in Vancouver. I just don't buy it. 

Not better, but there's no distraction here, It's hockey talk 24/7 with no NBA, no MLB to divert the conversation. It's Ted Chernecki going through your garbage.

It is a fishbowl existence here for hockey players. I don't like basketball but I do wish it would return for this reason.

Archived