The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ian Macintyre leaving Vancouver Sun.

I liked imac..although,in the last few years,he started to defend management/coaches in everything..almost completely losing his objectivity in the process...He works well with the camera,he would be a good interviewer (better than Joey Kenward,thats for sure)..

When kids in elementary school were reading picture books, I would bring in the Vancouver Sun Sports page and read Iain Macintyre's articles about the Canucks. He has greatly influenced what I expect to get out of reading an article.

He did an amazing thing tough - leaving his job so that a young person can have his spot. 

He will be missed. Best of luck to him. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I kind of figured he was going to go there...He's obviously fairly comfortable in front of the camera,after doing all those spots in the intermissions...Two sports radio stations in Vancouver talking about a 29th place team..?..Should be riveting listening..

On 6/14/2017 at 9:49 PM, Honky Cat said:

I kind of figured he was going to go there...He's obviously fairly comfortable in front of the camera,after doing all those spots in the intermissions...Two sports radio stations in Vancouver talking about a 29th place team..?..Should be riveting listening..

I'll only be listening to the SN station so that should reduce my pain by half.

On 6/14/2017 at 9:49 PM, Honky Cat said:

That's right!!!  TSN lost the radio broadcast rights for the Canucks.

Enter Sportsnet......good bye John Abbott ::D

Archived