The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks planning to qualify Cramarossa

50 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I guess they like what they saw. He was certainly a fringe guy for us, even with a depleted lineup. But he's fast, gritty and works hard. 

Vey 3.0?

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Eh, if he plays primarily for the Comets and comes up occasionally when we run into injuries that's fine.

He was an NHL regular this past season and is waiver eligible. Add the fact that there will be 23 more jobs next year I'm not sure he clears.

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

He was an NHL regular this past season and is waiver eligible. Add the fact that there will be 23 more jobs next year I'm not sure he clears.

If he shows up and wins a job out of camp, plays hard and contributes I'll support him like any other Canuck. But I'm not as intrigued by him as the Canucks are rumoured to be. You need a bit of sandpaper, but that's not terribly hard to find in free agency. But he's found money I suppose and a better known quantity.

2 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

goldobin?

Utica. Along with Virtanen (and ideally Dahlen). Let them dominate and build chemistry at that level, get a ton of practice and gym time and generally kick arse.

Between call ups for injuries and after trading some more guys at the TDL (I'd pump and dump Rodin, move Dorsett and possibly that UFA C), they'll still get lots of NHL time next year.

I have no problem with this.  He will be a cheap depth signing, and although he did nothing for us on the scoreboard last season, it WAS only 10 games.  Besides that, I don't think any team expects their 4th line to be a scoring powerhouse - so if he is at all able to replicate his production while on the Ducks I'm perfectly happy to see him stay here.

Archived