The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks planning to qualify Cramarossa

Need to give him a longer look on the PK, and with constant fourth line linemates.

I watched a lot of the Ducks this past season and I liked a lot of what Cramarossa brought.  Was fast, gritty and willing to protect teammates, but could play quality minutes on the PK.

35 minutes ago, J.R. said:

13th forward...great!

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund,

Rodin, UFA, Boeser

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Cramarossa

I'm pretty sure Rodin is done. 

No Goldobin or Boucher? 

Sutter as 4 C? 

36 minutes ago, J.R. said:

13th forward...great!

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund,

Rodin, UFA, Boeser

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Cramarossa

$4,375,000 a year Centre with a NTC on your 4th line?  With a $2,650,000 winger and whatever raise Gaunce gets?  That's one expensive 4th line, considering they combined for 18 goals last season.  

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

I'm pretty sure Rodin is done. 

No Goldobin or Boucher? 

Sutter as 4 C? 

I wouldn't be so sure. Let's say Rodin or Boucher.

Goldobin:

Utica. Along with Virtanen (and ideally Dahlen). Let them dominate and build chemistry at that level, get a ton of practice and gym time and generally kick arse.

Between call ups for injuries and after trading some more guys at the TDL (I'd pump and dump Rodin, move Dorsett and possibly that UFA C), they'll still get lots of NHL time next year.

Think of it more like lines 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B. Sutter's line would likely see 2nd or 3rd line minutes a lot of nights. Dzone matchup line. All lines would get fairly even minutes with that '3rd' line as a sheltered, ozone line to pump and dump Rodin and UFA (as well as shelter Boeser).

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

$4,375,000 a year Centre with a NTC on your 4th line?  With a $2,650,000 winger and whatever raise Gaunce gets?  That's one expensive 4th line, considering they combined for 18 goals last season.  

See above. Not worried about cap space.

59 minutes ago, J.R. said:

13th forward...great!

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund,

Rodin, UFA, Boeser

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Cramarossa

you've got Rodin and an unknown UFA ahead of him? :lol: ouch 

Utica and injury call up, which is fine we need that too

edit: just saw the news on Rodin wanting to come back, thats sweet. 

11 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

you've got Rodin and an unknown UFA ahead of him? :lol: ouch 

Utica and injury call up, which is fine we need that too

If Rodin can get healthy, he's a far better/more skilled player than Crammer. He also wouldn't remotely fit on a sheltered ozone line. And I have Gaunce ahead of him on Sutter's line (if we don't lose him in the ED).

Just now, J.R. said:

If Rodin can get healthy, he's a far better/more skilled player than Crammer. He also wouldn't remotely fit on a sheltered ozone line. And I have Gaunce ahead of him on Sutter's line (if we don't lose him in the ED).

yah i posted that before I realized he was potentially healthy and coming back. crammer is fine as a call up or depth guy i suppose. I don't expect Dahlen to make the team but if he has a spectacular camp its worth putting crammer on waivers. 

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe the UFA is Reddit rumour of Jan Kovar?

I'd actually be pretty psyched if that panned out.

Even moreso if we also kept Rödin.

that would be fantastic, and Jim wouldn't really have anything more to do for next season except maybe find a stay at home UFA D if Tanev or Edler are traded. 

but it was one dude on reddit so i'm not getting too excited :P

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund,

Rodin, UFA, Boeser

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

You people do understand that this is not a very good NHL line-up right?  Right???

This is a line-up that gets absolutely smoked by Vegas or Arizona.  So, just imagine what happens when we have to play a good team.

1 minute ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

You people do understand that this is not a very good NHL line-up right?  Right???

This is a line-up that gets absolutely smoked by Vegas or Arizona.  So, just imagine what happens when we have to play a good team.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to be competitive next year.

2 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Smoked by the expansion team that currently has two contracts?

That's very prescient of you.

3 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

President's trophy obv :lol:

5 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

its better than what we just had sunshine 

11 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

that would be fantastic, and Jim wouldn't really have anything more to do for next season except maybe find a stay at home UFA D if Tanev or Edler are traded. 

but it was one dude on reddit so i'm not getting too excited :P

Oh no doubt. It's about as weakly sourced a rumour as it gets.

And there's some dispute as to his current contract status. Elite Prospects has him signed another year in the KHL. But old reports from when he signed his current deal had it expiring this year. And he was repeatedly listed as a pending free agent in articles from earlier this year.

So he might be available or he might still have a year left. Not that you can't get out of KHL contracts, but it changes things.

The good news is that Kovar has repeatedly said it's his dream to play NHL. And that he's jump at the chance if an NHL team approached him.

We'll see. I'm putting the chances of it happening very low. But he'd certainly be a nice addition.

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Oh no doubt. It's about as weakly sourced a rumour as it gets.

And there's some dispute as to his current contract status. Elite Prospects has him signed another year in the KHL. But old reports from when he signed his current deal had it expiring this year. And he was repeatedly listed as a pending free agent in articles from earlier this year.

So he might be available or he might still have a year left. Not that you can't get out of KHL contracts, but it changes things.

The good news is that Kovar has repeatedly said it's his dream to play NHL. And that he's jump at the chance if an NHL team approached him.

We'll see. I'm putting the chances of it happening very low. But he'd certainly be a nice addition.

I've read that you just need to pay out the KHL contract and you can leave, so I'm sure Aquaman would do that if something was really on the table. 

Kovar would certainly get a real shot to play here.... I'd rather see Jim take a shot on him vs Spooner given the choice. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I've read that you just need to pay out the KHL contract and you can leave, so I'm sure Aquaman would do that if something was really on the table. 

Kovar would certainly get a real shot to play here.... I'd rather see Jim take a shot on him vs Spooner given the choice. 

Yeah, they have a buy out process to break contracts. And some guys have out clauses written into their deals.

I don't want to derail this topic with Kovar talk so I'll stop. But anyone unfamiliar with him should poke around YouTube because there's a recent highlight pack that gives a pretty good indication of his abilities.

Archived