The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Bishop to Dallas

2 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

Nucks take one of Niemi's/Letting-em-in's contracts and Dallas' 3rd and third round for our 5th

Would be a very crafty trade if Benning could pull something like that off.

Then we could package the third along with other pieces to move up to 2. I really think the Avs will be motivated to trade down. They don't need centers.

If we can gain the 3rd overall from Dallas for eating one of their bad goalie contracts and adding in say one of our 2nd round picks benning will be an absolute god

But in no way, no shape and no damned form would I give them our 5th overall as well

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think they'd buy him out and keep the #3pick... but it does present us with an opportunity. 

Tanev + Torts 2nd = 3OA + Niemi full salary probably gets done. Benning could pick Vilardi and Glass and we'd be stacked up front. If we could grab Alzner as a FA it would go a long way to filling the gaping hole left in our D by moving Tanev. 

I think you're pretty close there S'all. It makes alot of sense for both teams. That would allow us to take our pick of whichever C is left at 3rd and likely have our pick of D at 5th. All of a sudden we're looking at an assembly of prospects that should surely rank amungst the top 10 teams. Plus it would also allow us to protect Sbisa. The only question is, how valuable is that cap space to Dallas? With Tanev and Bishop, that drastically changes the look of their team and with a little luck, they could be a real threat next year. Alternatively, they could use a buy out and keep their pick. I don't think they'll be able to afford any major upgrades on D though. Given where they're at with Benn & Seguin, I'm not sure that's nearly as attractive an option...

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Dallas RHD: Klingberg, Honka, Johns

So...why are people thinking they want Tanev? What they need is a stud LHD to play with Klingberg or Honka (Lindell will play with the other one).

Klingberg is over rated for me. Had one good year points wise, but I have never seen anything to tell me he is a solid in his own end. They have offense, they need a defensive dman like Tanev. They could get a top 2 dman, and have the cap space to sign a top end goalie in Bishop, it actually makes a lot of sense for them. But very unlikely.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Dallas still has some glaring holes but they definitely addressed the major one.  Now they need to find some quality cornerstone pieces on the backend to help our Bishop if he indeed signs there.

*cough* Tanev

14 minutes ago, D-Money said:

So...why are people thinking they want Tanev? What they need is a stud LHD to play with Klingberg or Honka (Lindell will play with the other one).

On a contending team, Honka should be eased in IMO. Kling is good but not a totally dominate top pair. Johns is meh and ED fodder. 

39 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Honka is an OFD and so is Klingberg. They need a DFD. Johns is a bottom pairing guy. Tanev would be a good fit for them 

48 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Easy, cause Tanev would knock down Honka and Johns down the depth chart - could even slide into their top pair and bump Klingberg down. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

that's it?  All they get is a fourth round pick?  Why didn't the Flames go and get him?

Bishop is a UFA.  No contract for next year.  What if he refuses to sign?

What Dallas really needs to do is bolster their defense

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If we can gain the 3rd overall from Dallas for eating one of their bad goalie contracts and adding in say one of our 2nd round picks benning will be an absolute god

But in no way, no shape and no damned form would I give them our 5th overall as well

I wouldn't particularly even want to send the 2nd back their way with that offer, but I'd love the 3rd overall. It might not be a top 2, but it's not bad either along with our 5th overall.

But could we stand one year of Niemi and Lehtonen both to gain something more from them? And get a return from Markstrom as well to gain more picks and prospects, as well as our likely improved draft position next year behind the Dallas tandem?

1 hour ago, Tower102 said:

Klingberg is over rated for me. Had one good year points wise, but I have never seen anything to tell me he is a solid in his own end. They have offense, they need a defensive dman like Tanev. They could get a top 2 dman, and have the cap space to sign a top end goalie in Bishop, it actually makes a lot of sense for them. But very unlikely.

1 good year? He had 49 points last year to follow up his 58 point season the year before and 40 points the year before that in his rookie season. That's damn good. I wonder if we coud work out a trade around Klingberg and Tanev? How much more would we have to add? Tanev is about 2.5 years older. Would Dallas even be interested? 

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think they'd buy him out and keep the #3pick... but it does present us with an opportunity. 

Tanev + Torts 2nd = 3OA + Niemi full salary probably gets done. Benning could pick Vilardi and Glass and we'd be stacked up front. If we could grab Alzner as a FA it would go a long way to filling the gaping hole left in our D by moving Tanev. 

Agreed....except not for Alzner.  A 2018 tank would help quite a bit. Lets give Juolevi or Subban a try.  If it doesn't work, oh well. We need losses next year.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

I wouldn't particularly even want to send the 2nd back their way with that offer, but I'd love the 3rd overall. It might not be a top 2, but it's not bad either along with our 5th overall.

But could we stand one year of Niemi and Lehtonen both to gain something more from them? And get a return from Markstrom as well to gain more picks and prospects, as well as our likely improved draft position next year behind the Dallas tandem?

Nill has painted himself into a corner.  He's got to sign Bishop who made 4.76M last year and he's got Lehtonen on the books at 5.9M and Niemi at 4.5 both for another year.

Archived