The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tanner Pearson 4 years, 3.75

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Where's the cap space for this coming from?

Who are we kidding,  cap space is merely a 'suggestion' as far as the Kings are concerned - they'll weasel out of any non-compliance issues and the NHL will do nothing about it.

UH oh...looks like [Insert Kings players name here] has been caught with [insert illegal activity here] and has had their contract terminated without delay by the Kings which has been ok'd by the league leaving the Kings with X amount of cap space

back to you James

43 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

ahh you may have wanted to title this: (Kings Signing) Tanner Pearson, or something. I saw the thread and thought it meant the Canucks signed him.

How could we sign him? We don't have his rights and free agency doesn't start for almost two more months.

But back to the topic, we'll see how their cap space works out. It's been a few years since they had plenty of cap space, no players with clauses, etc. Now they're like the rest of the competing teams.

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Who are we kidding,  cap space is merely a 'suggestion' as far as the Kings are concerned - they'll weasel out of any non-compliance issues and the NHL will do nothing about it.

58288117.jpg

18 hours ago, Fanuck said:

This just in... The Old Boys club has terminated Dustin Brown and Marian Gaboriks contracts due to both players smuggling in Kinder Surprise eggs after driving home from Canada. 

Kinder Surprise is a banned substance in the US and this was their last chance. The Kings have now free'd up close to 11 million dollars. 

The guys on the afternoon show on TSN 1040 said this could compare to Bo Horvat's contract. I had a good chuckle about that. My feeling is Bo clears over 5 mill. Even though I think we should be 4.5 for him. Great singing for the Kings!

2013-14 Los Angeles Kings NHL 25 3 4 7 8 2 24 4 8 12 8
2014-15 Los Angeles Kings NHL 42 12 4 16 14 14 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Los Angeles Kings NHL 79 15 21 36 18 11 5 1 2 3 2
2016-17 Los Angeles Kings NHL 80 24 20 44 13 5  

1 hour ago, jono2009 said:

The guys on the afternoon show on TSN 1040 said this could compare to Bo Horvat's contract. I had a good chuckle about that. My feeling is Bo clears over 5 mill. Even though I think we should be 4.5 for him. Great singing for the Kings!

2013-14 Los Angeles Kings NHL 25 3 4 7 8 2 24 4 8 12 8
2014-15 Los Angeles Kings NHL 42 12 4 16 14 14 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Los Angeles Kings NHL 79 15 21 36 18 11 5 1 2 3 2
2016-17 Los Angeles Kings NHL 80 24 20 44 13 5  

I agree Bo should get more but it's not a bad comparison

Tanner: 103 points in 226games 

Bo: 117 points in 231 

Hope Jimbo can use this to negotiate... but Jimbo doesn't know how to sign good deals. So we're doomed.

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Hope Jimbo can use this to negotiate... but Jimbo doesn't know how to sign good deals. So we're doomed.

Would a 5yr x 6m or 6yr x 5m deal mean we are doomed? I don't see JB splashing an 8yr x 5m deal.

7 hours ago, apollo said:

There are other things to consider as well. For example, Horvat is two years younger and has played as many games and has more points than Pearson. Horvat's best season is already better than Pearson's. Bo plays more PK minutes, lesser PP time and more ice time overall. Horvat is a center and Pearson is a winger, therefore Bo has to take faceoffs and be more responsible defensively as well. Pearson's only edge is probably his physical game.

Honestly if Bo gets a long term contract for 6m, it'll be a steal, but it seems like a lot of people will cry about it anyway. Pearson's contract seems pretty standard for what he provides. If he continues to trend up, then his contract will be a bargain in the 3rd and 4th years.

Archived