The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Vancouver Sports Bar angers Canucks fans

cuporbust

Vancouver sports bar Oilers support   

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It makes sense there are bars that cater to other Canadian teams.  Heck, all those people moved out here because their cities pretty much suck, right?  Who hears of someone retiring to Edmonton, or Winnipeg?  They retire (or just escape) to here.  

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Las Margaritas should offer $1.99 Burr-itos!

yah this bar missed real opportunity for ex-Canucks specials. 

Burr-itos :lol:

Bieksalads

Kesler Kale chips

Weber waffles 

I should be running that place. 

They definitely have some alberta connection... I remember after game 6 flames canucks series 2 years ago, with all the sad canucks fans all over the bar, they kept the sound of game on (celebrations, post game interviews, etc.... things that the losing home fans don't want to see or hear). Home bars usually switch to music or something after their team is eliminated, instead of rubbing the loss in their faces. I actually asked one of the bartenders why they still had it on, and gave me some BS about being fair to all fans. There was maybe like 2 flames fans there.

Not too big of a deal, but enough that to the extend I can, I'd go somewhere else.

3 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

It actually accomplished a lot, I have to tip my hat to them. People are talking about their establishment in a way they never were before.

If your the owners and you happen to be reading this, nice job!

For one day.

43 minutes ago, westvandude said:

They definitely have some alberta connection... I remember after game 6 flames canucks series 2 years ago, with all the sad canucks fans all over the bar, they kept the sound of game on (celebrations, post game interviews, etc.... things that the losing home fans don't want to see or hear). Home bars usually switch to music or something after their team is eliminated, instead of rubbing the loss in their faces. I actually asked one of the bartenders why they still had it on, and gave me some BS about being fair to all fans. There was maybe like 2 flames fans there.

Not too big of a deal, but enough that to the extend I can, I'd go somewhere else.

Probably one of the owners was a bag licking Lames fan. 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

It makes sense there are bars that cater to other Canadian teams.  Heck, all those people moved out here because their cities pretty much suck, right?  Who here's of someone retiring to Edmonton, or Winnipeg?  They retire (or just escape) to here.  

A lot and i mean a lot of people in this country retire and live half the year down south where it is friggin warm. Vancouver is not on a lot of retiree's lists anymore.

10 hours ago, cuporbust said:

...The Twitter promotion received a hostile overreaction reaction from a sensitive segment of Canucks fans.

“Boycott this establishment Canucks fans,” wrote @powderfinger.

“Close your doors,” said @JakeCanuck... 

Here's 2 for the block list.

I mean seriously, if this actually angers you in any way, look in the mirror and give yourself a bit**-slap.

9 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Yeah , not a great promotion. Im sure they could have come up with a better way to fill the pub. Kind of a weak excuse they gave. Pretty stupid move in a market like this. 

Because there's so many butt hurt crybaby fans prone to childish overreaction in Vancouver? lol

As far as I'm concerned with the Nucks out, and sports bar business down, do whatever it takes to the keep money coming in and your people employed. I can't bring myself to cheer for Edmonton but I don't mind talking hockey with any hockey fans regardless of their chosen team.

1 hour ago, ice orca said:

A lot and i mean a lot of people in this country retire and live half the year down south where it is friggin warm. Vancouver is not on a lot of retiree's lists anymore.

Not with the housing prices here. Unless of course you're a retired oil or cattle baron.

10 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Not with the housing prices here. Unless of course you're a retired oil or cattle baron.

yeah, I think they mostly retire up here in the Okanagan or Shuswap.  Half my neighbours are ex- Albertans I'd guess.

edit: People across the street fly a Riders flag once the CFL season starts. Also got a few Northern Ontarioans around as well. 

Archived