The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (A2) Ottawa Senators | Penguins win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators in 4
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Listening to Sullivan...  He's not watching the same game, talking about the Sens cheating on face offs.. and the need to get pucks to the net..

What about your PP Mike??  The Sens shut you down...  and if you give the Sens pp a chance your done.

Watch the frustration level of the Pens go up next game in the 2nd period.

It's going to be a long series so Sullivan is just trying to soften up the refs for next game(s). 

Go Sens. Great to get the 1st win. 

48 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I used to hate Phaneuf, but he Bobby Ryan seem to fit Ottawa like a glove. 

Ott GM sure made some ballsy moves. Seems the whole league is trending towards youth, while apparently this dude pulled the black sheep en route to the sweet grass?

edit..BTW WOOOOHOOOO!!! WTG Sens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In '93(last Cdn Cup), didn't the Habs go about 10~1 in OT games? They mentioned it(just re-watched the last portion of game) on the broadcast, that the 1993 PO's had the most OT games ever(27?). I think we're now just 2 OT games from the all-time record.

So with the Sens going 6~1 in OT so far, it does feel similar to Mtl's unlikely run.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

No more comparing Juolevi to him, please.

I used to dislike the Juolevi comparison but Maatta's been really impressive in these playoffs IMO. Miles better than last year's playoff run. One bad play doesn't erase all the good he's done.

It's not like Juolevi is a great skater either. If he becomes Maatta with average skating, he shouldn't be much of a disappointment.

------

Also it's funny how the refs are always "against" CDC's team :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

I used to dislike the Juolevi comparison but Maatta's been really impressive in these playoffs IMO. Miles better than last year's playoff run. One bad play doesn't erase all the good he's done.

It's not like Juolevi is a great skater either. If he becomes Maatta with average skating, he shouldn't be much of a disappointment.

------

Also it's funny how the refs are always "against" CDC's team :rolleyes:

To be fair Kelly Sutherland is against the integrity of the game. The sooner he retires the better the league will be. 

12 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

No more comparing Juolevi to him, please.

Never really understood the comparison. Other than they're Finnish and both play/played for the London Knights. Maata is more of a defensive defenseman, whereas Juolevi is more of a two-way defenseman. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ECF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (A2) Ottawa Senators | Senators lead series 1-0

OTT - Burrows

PIT - Bonino

NSH - Weber

ANA - Bieksa, Kesler

Atleast 1 ex Canuck is winning the cup. Really hoping it's Burrows. I want to see a Canadian team win the cup before I die, and even though I'm only 23 and I have a lot of time left it just doesn't seem likely to happen. OTT is my 3rd favourite team behind my beloved Canucks and the Habs.

As much as I want a Canadian team to win the cup I'd still rather see the Bruins win a cup before any of the Flames, Oilers, or Leafs, I can't stand those teams. 

GO BURROWS GO!!

other teams better take notice that keys to success is grabbing cast offs from us. Edler for 1st, Tanev for Nylander, the moves are coming boys!

Archived