The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (A2) Ottawa Senators | Penguins win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators in 4
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ECF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (A2) Ottawa Senators | Series tied 1-1
29 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Apparently Guy Boucher was taking his 1-3-1 routine to Toronto if they didn't sign Mike Babcock.

Leafs kind of dodged a bullet there.

Not sure how else you'd recommend playing against a much higher powered Penguins offense, especially when Kelly Sutherland is officiating so you can't even count on the officiating being honest given the NHL's desire to push Crosby's team through.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Not sure how else you'd recommend playing against a much higher powered Penguins offense, especially when Kelly Sutherland is officiating so you can't even count on the officiating being honest given the NHL's desire to push Crosby's team through.

I don't really care what they do. I'm just saying trying to watch it is grinding on me. It's just incredibly negative, ugly hockey.

1 minute ago, Salmonberries said:

I don't really care what they do. I'm just saying trying to watch it is grinding on me. It's just incredibly negative, ugly hockey.

Totally agree.

canucks hockey in the post season.

who knew?

1 minute ago, Salmonberries said:

I rather enjoyed the physical play at least.  Like it or not, Boucher's done a hell of a job, although it's definitely easier to watch if you're on the Sens bandwagon.  I didn't even think the Sens would make the playoffs going into this season.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I rather enjoyed the physical play at least.  Like it or not, Boucher's done a hell of a job, although it's definitely easier to watch if you're on the Sens bandwagon.  I didn't even think the Sens would make the playoffs going into this season.

It is kind of impressive that they got this far when you look at it that way. And if I didn't dislike Ottawa already for various and sundry other reasons beyond Guy Boucher I might be...nah, I just can't stand that style. You'd have to put a Canucks sweater on it before I'm in. And even then...yuch.

9 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

It is kind of impressive that they got this far when you look at it that way. And if I didn't dislike Ottawa already for various and sundry other reasons beyond Guy Boucher I might be...nah, I just can't stand that style. You'd have to put a Canucks sweater on it before I'm in. And even then...yuch.

The Atlantic sucked this year which made their road a lot easier. They faced a mediocre Bruins team followed by a slightly above average Rangers team. Next year's Sens team will be interesting to watch. Both White and Chabot are huge additions. Lets hope Boucher will loosen the shackles, because there is potential for an exciting up tempo team in Ottawa.

13 minutes ago, Toews said:

The Atlantic sucked this year which made their road a lot easier. They faced a mediocre Bruins team followed by a slightly above average Rangers team. Next year's Sens team will be interesting to watch. Both White and Chabot are huge additions. Lets hope Boucher will loosen the shackles, because there is potential for an exciting up tempo team in Ottawa.

I'm hoping we become that kind of a team next season with Green in the helm. He had a lackluster talent in Utica this season and almost sneaked the team into the playoffs. Shame they couldn't pull it off but everyone plays hard every shift for him and gives the opposition very little ice to work with which I love. And his offensive system is awesome also pinning the opponents down in their end while having tons of zone time thus more chances. We have the potential to surprise next year imo

2 hours ago, Toews said:

They do have some exciting kids coming along. Maybe he willll loosen the rope a little, it's not our problem either way though thankfully.

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

Totally agree.

canucks hockey in the post season.

who knew?

Thing is, Sens choose to play a boring, defensive style of hockey because they believe it's the way that'll give them the highest chance of winning, the Canucks play a boring style of hockey since they're bad and don't have the skill required to play any other way. 

Archived