The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (A2) Ottawa Senators | Penguins win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators in 4
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Pens are frigging crippled as hell and if it wasn't for Malkin and Crosby, it would've been a different story. Can't wait to see them get dominated by the Preds. Star filled D along with a high powered and timely offense. They don't have the big name players other than Forsberg but they have a few other young kids that have stepped in and delivered when they needed it most. Best D vs Best O. Bring it on! Go Preds

59 minutes ago, tbone909 said:

Well great season by Ottawa. That's 23 years now since the last cup winner was a Canadian team. :((92-93 Habs).

I know a great number of the players are Canadian born , but it's just not the same.

I hope i can see another Canadian team bring a Stanley Cup home to Canada.

Ugggh no. I shudder at the thought of the Laffs, Shames and the Coilers ever winning a cup.

6 hours ago, BigUncle16 said:

Ugggh no. I shudder at the thought of the Laffs, Shames and the Coilers ever winning a cup.

I don't think you need to worry.  All three of these LOSER teams (Laffs, Shames, and Coilers) have questionable goaltending, and are built around McSofty forwards.  These are CLEARLY NOT teams built for playoff success.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don't think you need to worry.  All three of these LOSER teams (Laffs, Shames, and Coilers) have questionable goaltending, and are built around McSofty forwards.  These are CLEARLY NOT teams built for playoff success.

Have you checked out our forward group Alf or have you been blind all along...get your eyes checked soon.

9 hours ago, Squamfan said:

gary bettman can breath easily now knowing canada's streak continues  

Not really he designed the policy to tilt the ice favourably for the US based clubs through at times dubious officiating.  It's all about selling the sport and gaining that huge television contract in the states that the big 3 leagues enjoy.  The NHL is basically becoming the WWE of pro sports.  Nashville will win the cup as a reward for the support the city and fans have given that team plus it looks good to have a championship featured in a celebrity filled party city.  Much like LA.  Just wait to Vegas starts play the league is salivating to feature them in a Stanley Cup final.

6 hours ago, Bocivus said:

We agree on something?  Is this a fake thread? :lol:

Always been a fan of Doc's. Hands down the best hockey announcer out there, IMO. I may be a bit biased, being a Canuck fan, but Jim Robson is the only guy I put in the same category.

18 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0Z-xkIS3U

remember this anyone???? (Kessel vs Henrik high stick)

i can't believe the reffing in this stupid league.first he dives and makes the acual hands out diving motion and the refs fall for it.then he pretends to be hurt while the sens had a two on one chance and the retards fall for it again.whats even more hilarious is the pens were talking notes at the bench and one of the weasels tried a dive again,then malkin tried lying on the ice so the refs would stop the play again.exactly the way chicago and san jose play because they're used to the favouritism and so are their fans.the pens fans were so irate when they thought the puck was in but it clearly rolled over the top.open your eyes you stupid jackasses.we have crosby malkin 3 cups and all the breaks from the refs but we're going to whine if we don't get our way every year.it's time for someone to run up on gary bettman and through a pie in his face like cretin.make sure there's plenty of media around.cretin almost choked that guy to death for it though.bettman won't he's a huge B.oh yeah,and back to the concept of blowing the play down when someone is lying on the ice with a broken fingernail,remember the play going on for a minute when mason raymond was lying on the ice with a broken back?

2 hours ago, gino#29 said:

i can't believe the reffing in this stupid league.first he dives and makes the acual hands out diving motion and the refs fall for it.then he pretends to be hurt while the sens had a two on one chance and the retards fall for it again.whats even more hilarious is the pens were talking notes at the bench and one of the weasels tried a dive again,then malkin tried lying on the ice so the refs would stop the play again.exactly the way chicago and san jose play because they're used to the favouritism and so are their fans.the pens fans were so irate when they thought the puck was in but it clearly rolled over the top.open your eyes you stupid jackasses.we have crosby malkin 3 cups and all the breaks from the refs but we're going to whine if we don't get our way every year.it's time for someone to run up on gary bettman and through a pie in his face like cretin.make sure there's plenty of media around.cretin almost choked that guy to death for it though.bettman won't he's a huge B.oh yeah,and back to the concept of blowing the play down when someone is lying on the ice with a broken fingernail,remember the play going on for a minute when mason raymond was lying on the ice with a broken back?

That Raymond situation enrages me every time it comes up.  If you are a Canuck the league declares open season.  Boston was the league's golden boy for a few years during that period and was rewarded accordingly.   They had complete immunity to do whatever they wished to do against Vancouver during that series.

3 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Craig Anderson's wife Nicholle is reportedly cancer-free:

Must be a heart breaking loss this playoff series, but Im sure he'd have this victory with his wife any day.  Happy things are good for him and his wife.

Archived