The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3   

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Ducks in 4
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

It was anchors aweigh when Kesler left.

I may not have liked the way he left, but watching him now reminds me what a warrior he was for the team and how much they could use having a player like that again

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I may not have liked the way he left, but watching him now reminds me what a warrior he was for the team and how much they could use having a player like that again

that's why the team was never really competitive after he left. we never had a true #2 center behind hank. Bo is now the guy.  

14 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

We sure missed Kesler face off percentage after he left , especially after the loss of Manny in the line up ... for a time the team dominated in face offs

Same here. Miss those days that's for sure. Hopefully Granlund, Horvat, Sutter and this year's pick will help us out in that category next season. I'm sure they'll be hungry to bounce back and do everything they can to get the team back into the playoffs

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Strombo's pants were too tight for him to get comfortable in the role and I thought it showed.

Perhaps cutting off the flow of blood to the head?

I didn't mind Stromboli,. It was a fresh approach given for years we have put up with O'pa Cherry's antics, the cut and paste formatting, and Mcleans Lame limericks that have become slower than the game.

About the only new guys I have appreciated are Stromboli and Adam Oats.

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

that's why the team was never really competitive after he left. we never had a true #2 center behind hank. Bo is now the guy.  

Yes, also that player that is a 'pest' to throw off other teams top player and he was so good on both special teams .... he wasn't a star player but the whole package like that is not that common 

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I didn't mind Stromboli,. It was a fresh approach given for years we have put up with O'pa Cherry's antics, the cut and paste formatting, and Mcleans Lame limericks that have become slower than the game.

About the only new guys I have appreciated are Stromboli and Adam Oats.

I liked Strombo much better than Maclean. He needed some big boy pants in the worst way though.

7 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Same here. Miss those days that's for sure. Hopefully Granlund, Horvat, Sutter and this year's pick will help us out in that category next season. I'm sure they'll be hungry to bounce back and do everything they can to get the team back into the playoffs

Hope so, miss the days of special teams and face off domination , hopefully the kids can get the team back there

3 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Yes, also that player that is a 'pest' to throw off other teams top player and he was so good on both special teams .... he wasn't a star player but the whole package like that is not that common 

wouldn't say he wasn't a star. Was on NHL game covers, and the infamous nude poses, won the Selke.

12 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I think the Tortorella year together with the prospect of no prospects in the pipeline sealed the deal then. I didn't appreciate it as a fan, but I completely got where he was coming from.

Archived