The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3   

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Ducks in 4
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, darnucks said:

You mean the allowed goal that Nashville scored? The other one was disallowed because the player ran into Gibson, he wasn't pushed.

The first disallowed goal lindholm backed into Zolnierczyk. The second one I'm not sure anymore because similar plays have been called goals he was certainly angled but not pushed in by the defenseman. 

3 minutes ago, darnucks said:

Not a hockey play when you run the goalie after he makes the save. It's considered goalie interference.

Going hard to the net is still allowed. I thought he tried to stop after the shot and then jump over him as best he could. Gibson looked like he got shot.

3 minutes ago, NZCanuck said:

I don't think the 2 disallowed goals should have counted but it's a bit off that when the Ducks scored similar goals against the Oilers they counted.

its called cali dicking riding. gary loves his cali team

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The first disallowed goal lindholm backed into Zolnierczyk. The second one I'm not sure anymore because similar plays have been called goals he was certainly angled but not pushed in by the defenseman. 

Zolnierczyk tried to squeeze his way through between Lindholm and Gibson by going through the crease, definitely a no goal. Second one he wasn't angled into the goalie, he could have gone straight past instead of cutting through the crease. NBC feed also called both as being obvious no goals, I far enjoy watching them than CBC. They seem to know the rules unlike too many of the CBC schmucks.

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Going hard to the net is still allowed. I thought he tried to stop after the shot and then jump over him as best he could. Gibson looked like he got shot.

It is still allowed and if he had scored it would not have been a penalty. But he ran the goalie after the save which equals goalie interference.

On 2017-05-12 at 11:37 PM, YummyCakeFace said:

Why would you hate your fan base?  The league tried from start to finish to hand the series to Anaheim. In the coming years, no one, not even Bettman with Daly and their corrupt cronies will be able to stop that juggernaut.  This coming from a dyed in the wool Nux fan. 

Officiating sucked ballz....but officiating isn't what cost us game 7.

Oilers fans are just being petty.

2 minutes ago, darnucks said:

Zolnierczyk tried to squeeze his way through between Lindholm and Gibson by going through the crease, definitely a no goal. Second one he wasn't angled into the goalie, he could have gone straight past instead of cutting through the crease. NBC feed also called both as being obvious no goals, I far enjoy watching them than CBC. They seem to know the rules unlike too many of the CBC schmucks.

Completely disagree on the first one. Lindholm knew what he was doing and pushed him in. 

The second goal I've seen similar goals count, the NHL needs to work on consistency with no goal calls. I'm ok with that being a no goal call so long as that play is a no goal every time. Currently it is not. 

Archived