The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Interview 1040..May 11,2017

Honky Cat

7 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

If Bennington 9000 picks Makar at #5 I will officially rage quit. 

why? the only way we're going to make it past Edmonton in the next decade is to have rock solid D, and D that can score. If we can't move up then I'm just fine with loading up with D at 5. I don't think Makar is a better pick than Heiskanen e.g,. but the idea of D is a good one. 

1 minute ago, LM11 said:

Best player available no matter the position.  That's how I want him drafting at 5.  I think he's gonna make the right choice.

yah but how do you decide between top pairing D and top 6C? C1 ok, but what if its a player with C2 ceiling? its a hard choice. 

haha!

Although I hope they draft a C with their 1st, I won't be upset if they take Makar at #5. Canucks D isn't very good, last in the league in scoring, they need some serious help.

Canucks have Cs they could use as their #2 for the time being (excl Henrik and Horvat): Sutter, Granlund, or maybe Dahlen in a year or two. Or do we rely on Stecher or Hutton to score 10+ goals (40+ points) a year?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I still think Liljegren is going to be a difference maker.

"mobile puck handling D" - one more top D pick and we actually might have that with OJ, Stecher, Hutton and maybe Liljegren as our future? Then Guddy as a very mobile #5 who can hit? Subban for a PP shot? thats looks good to me.  

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

why? the only way we're going to make it past Edmonton in the next decade is to have rock solid D, and D that can score. If we can't move up then I'm just fine with loading up with D at 5. I don't think Makar is a better pick than Heiskanen e.g,. but the idea of D is a good one. 

So at 5 you don't see that there will be any of Hischier/ Patrick/ Vilardi/ Mittlestadt available?  I'm hoping the team could stock up with a good offensive center, not another possible Troy Stecher (to be fair I haven't seen Makar play but build and play-style reminds me of Troy).

Watched Makar net 7 points in 5 games and be tournament MVP at the Western Canada Cup last week as the best player on the ice period, in every game he played.

Going to enjoy watching him do the same in the RBC cup a well.

Then going to sit back as he does 2-4 years of college  against basically grown men before joining the NHL and shutting up a lot of people.  That kind of skill he has translates anywhere

Archived