The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tanev to Toronto (Scott Cullen)

The only way I would move Tanev to Toronto is if Nylander is coming back, even if we have to add a bit. I don't think Kapanen will be anything special and the Leafs already have Marner - Nylander - Brown on RW, so moving Kapanen would be more of a favour for them. They're gonna have to load up the back end at some point to become a real powerhouse. If anyone understands this, it's Lou. Tanev is too great of a fit in Toronto for them given his contract and role. I'm not saying it would be easy to get Nylander, but he's the only piece from Toronto that would make moving Tanev worth it. 

To TOR:

Tanev

2nd Round Pick 2017 (CBJ)

Granlund

To VAN:

Nylander

TOR Defense:

Reilly - Tanev

Gardiner - Zaitsev

Marincin - Polak/Carrick

VAN Forwards:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Goldobin - Horvat - Nylander

Baertschi - Sutter - Boeser

Cramarossa - Gaunce - Dorsett

*Rough lineup, obviously not 100% accurate but the general idea. 

VAN Future Forwards:

________ - Horvat - Boeser

Virtanen - Nylander - Goldobin

Dahlen - Gaudette - Lockwood

_________ - Gaunce - _________

7 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

The only way I would move Tanev to Toronto is if Nylander is coming back, even if we have to add a bit. I don't think Kapanen will be anything special and the Leafs already have Marner - Nylander - Brown on RW, so moving Kapanen would be more of a favour for them. They're gonna have to load up the back end at some point to become a real powerhouse. If anyone understands this, it's Lou. Tanev is too great of a fit in Toronto for them given his contract and role. I'm not saying it would be easy to get Nylander, but he's the only piece from Toronto that would make moving Tanev worth it. 

To TOR:

Tanev

Granlund

To VAN:

Nylander

You're the guy who comes in 30th when he plays GM mode on the NHL games, aren't you?

After watching the playoffs. Nylander has much more jam and strength to his game than I thought which has sold me on this kid  if he could play in the west.

BUT come on people he had 61 points! As a rookie! He would have led or tied the Canucks in goals, assists and beaten horvat by 9 points! 

Theres no way tor is giving him up

kapanen is the guy that could be had 

to tor: tanev

to van: kapanen, 1st pick 2017(17th overall) 

Open and shut case johnson! 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I guess you missed his TSN team off season review where he slotted them in to his projected lines.  We covered how laughable that was.

But we also covered how Toronto makes a lot of sense based on Tanevs age, being an RHD their need for a D of his calibre and skill set but also the fact his contract is nice and he's a local boy.

Kapanen and a 1st or Nylander and a 2nd.  Scraps don't get it done and this is literally no different than Dregers tampering of the Sedins or his endless years of suggesting player X Y or Z to the Canucks for a return that leaves the Canucks gaping or somehow props up the most insignificant Leafs player in to a future HOF star speculations

Heard the 1040 interview

He said Leipsic or Kapenen it did not matter but because of the green factor (Portland)  he put in Leipsic in

Carrick is the likely (more of a guaranteed NHLer) but that  Dermott or Nielsen are more upside so he put in Carrick (but a 5/6 Dman)

And the 1st is a for sure 

So you can pick the forward  outa the 2 and the D outa the 3

He also said KR could be the thro in as a sweetener as he has been past over in the TO depth chart  

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Nearly every single mock draft had Virtanen ahead of Nylander.

It's amazing how many people start claiming to be right when they have the benefit of hindsight.

I knew that I personally wanted Nylander that's all I'm saying.  Whether anyone cares to believe that or not I really don't care.  I was just upset that we didn't choose him.  

Kapanen is tearing it up in the AHL playoffs against a very good Syracuse team as well.

Tanev for Kapanen, Carrick and a 1st (#17) seems fair from both sides. Anything less is not worth it for the Canucks and I suspect this might already be a little rich for them.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I guess you missed his TSN team off season review where he slotted them in to his projected lines.  We covered how laughable that was.

But we also covered how Toronto makes a lot of sense based on Tanevs age, being an RHD their need for a D of his calibre and skill set but also the fact his contract is nice and he's a local boy.

Kapanen and a 1st or Nylander and a 2nd.  Scraps don't get it done and this is literally no different than Dregers tampering of the Sedins or his endless years of suggesting player X Y or Z to the Canucks for a return that leaves the Canucks gaping or somehow props up the most insignificant Leafs player in to a future HOF star speculations

IMG_1639.GIF

2 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I think that's fair value, similar to Shattenkirk.

People here way overvalue Tanev.

Not exactly. Shattenkirk was the top rental on the market at the trade deadline and St. Louis had no problem moving him, whereas with Tanev he's a top 5-10 defensive defensman on a good contract and is still fairly young, and we're not exactly in a hurry to trade him.

48 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

To TOR:

Tanev

Granlund

To VAN:

Nylander

TOR Defense:

Reilly - Tanev

Gardiner - Zaitsev

Marincin - Polak/Carrick

VAN Forwards:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Goldobin - Horvat - Nylander

Baertschi - Sutter - Boeser

Cramarossa - Gaunce - Dorsett

*Rough lineup, obviously not 100% accurate but the general idea. 

VAN Future Forwards:

________ - Horvat - Boeser

Virtanen - Nylander - Goldobin

Dahlen - Gaudette - Lockwood

_________ - Gaunce - _________

I would do something similar 

Tanev 

Granlund

2nd (Vancouver) 

4th SJS 

Or absolute best 

Tanev