The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Proposal, Benning's remark of Europe skill and N.American heart

6 hours ago, qwijibo said:

The difference is they're both 24 and one has put up 63 points in 171 games and the other has put up 279 points in 428 games.  Granlund had a career best  year and Landeskog had a career worst year.  

Granlund just finished his first and only full NHL season.

Landeskog has had six.

Landeskog would be a great fit for us. But its unrealistic that Colorado wants Tanev. More unrealistic that Benning would trade Juolevi.

Only way I see a deal is Landeskog for 5th overall and another piece

Price was high for him all year, that wont change going forward. Got to pay for a proven talent. Id say 5th plus would be the cost and I would be okay with that. Long term fix at lw for us if we acquired him. 

22 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

TO COL: J. Drouin

To TBL: M. Duchene 

fair trade? Me thinks so. 

The Lightning need space for Palat and other R.F.A's as it is... why would they get Duchene who's already signed at $6 million per?  

The Avalanche had actually made Johnson and Barrie available so maybe either of them for Drouin, then Duchene to Montreal for Galchenyuk plus?

43 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

The Lightning need space for Palat and other R.F.A's as it is... why would they get Duchene who's already signed at $6 million per?  

The Avalanche had actually made Johnson and Barrie available so maybe either of them for Drouin, then Duchene to Montreal for Galchenyuk plus?

Good point.

I was just spit-balling lol, no serious stuff. 

On 5/13/2017 at 1:02 PM, captaincowbasher said:

Your are correct Sir, but with that said, I have been an avid fan of this team for 20 years, gone to so many games with friends and family, and I have never felt so disconnected with our team. The last number of years it's been the same old thing; secondary scoring and a PP quarterback  or a true #1 puck moving defenceman. I know these type of players don't grow on trees but the Nucks are not even in the discussion on trying to acquire such players. I'm not pointing fingers, but as a serious fan I need to disconnect because it hurts otherwise. The Sedin's have quietly gone about playing on one side of the ice for so long, and as far as I'm concerned that's not leadership. The Sedin's and Edler are in essence holding this team hostage by not waiving if that in fact is what they are doing, so play them on the third line or split them up and play Edler 13 minutes a game, diminish they're worth. We have some young pieces that could be a valid core but they need to be led by players who play fast, physical and complete games, Landeskog is the ideal and if it cost Tanev and Granlund then so be it, we know exactly what we are getting with Landeskog. This is why Virtanen is so important, he could be one of the core pieces I'm referring to. Personally I think Benning might just be the architect that builds a complete hockey team and contends for many years to come, but the Sedins and Edler stand in his way.

Well we suffer the same Canucks fate together.Your very last comment on the Sedins and Edler is 100% correct. I could live with Edler more so than the Sedins at this point.The one thing that has never changed is the Sedins character which would suggest that they would be taking a look at their own performance this past season. Edler not so much. I would suspect that when the Sedin retire they'll both do so at the same time.

On 5/13/2017 at 4:27 PM, Alflives said:

There were those rumours around the TDL about Hutton being the defence man traded.  If JB is going to trade a d for a young top nine forward, would you rather Hutton over Tanev?  

Trade Hutton.  What's he worth? I have no idea 

Archived