The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WJHC Tickets 2019

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Single game tickets would be great.  Hoping to catch the Americans play both the Swedes and Finns, as well as the Canada warmup games.

I may wait until closer to the event. See if anyone can't make it to a game of my liking and attend that way. 

Due to reasons I was never able to buy the full package like I hoped.  My only hope now is for single game tickets.  Hopefully the secondary market for single tickets isn't too crazy.

Slovakia plays Finland on my birthday.  That would be a great day to go to a game.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

At least there will still be some single game seats in Victoria, as per ticketholder email:

Hoping to see Sweden-Finland and USA-Slovakia.

They must be seats that were held back or something.

If you go to the ticket site right now to try and buy a ticket package, there is only one seat left in the entire rink.

image.png.2ea72f659145cac002b05954739299d1.png

Got 2 tickets to the Canada game on Boxing Day, and got 2 tickets to the Gold Medal game. 

Canada Day tickets were $112 each (side Canada shoots twice) and Gold Medal tickets were $160 each (on the corner). 

Also volunteering with Hockey Canada during the tournament at Rogers Arena. $500 of free Nike Hockey Canada apparel, free meals, and being able to be around the environment for 2 weeks was quite appealing to me. Plus, I'm off work for the holidays anyways!

Hockey Canada has announced the pre-tournament schedule:

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2019-wjc-road-to-wjc-schedule-unveiled

Dec. 18, 2018 | Russia vs. Sweden | Prospera Place | Kelowna

Dec. 19, 2018 | Kazakhstan vs. Alberni Valley (BCHL) | Weyerhauser Arena | Port Alberni

Dec. 19, 2018 | Czech Republic vs. Slovakia | Frank Crane Arena | Nanaimo

Dec. 19, 2018 | Denmark vs. Finland | Langley Events Centre | Langley

Dec. 19, 2018 | Canada vs. Switzerland | Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre | Victoria

Dec. 20, 2018 | Russia vs. United States | Sandman Centre | Kamloops

Dec. 21, 2018 | Kazakhstan vs. Switzerland | Weyerhauser Arena | Port Alberni

Dec. 21, 2018 | Canada vs. Slovakia | Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre | Victoria

Dec. 22, 2018 | Denmark vs. Sweden | Prospera Centre | Chilliwack

Dec. 22, 2018 | United States vs. Czech Republic | Langley Events Centre | Langley

Dec. 23, 2018 | Switzerland vs. Russia | Bill Copeland Arena | Burnaby

Dec. 23, 2018 | Canada vs. Finland | Rogers Arena | Vancouver

2 hours ago, cyoung said:

http://chl.ca/article/canadas-national-junior-team-to-hold-selection-camp-in-victoria

Anyone have more information on this? I'd love to go and watch this for sure.

I haven't seen anything since the announcement.

The pre-tournament games in Victoria were included in the full tournament package and those packages sold out, so it doesn't look like there will be any single game tickets here.  The only chance I guess, other than the secondary market, is if they release some tickets that the teams don't use, closer to game day.

December 20th, here in Kamloops.

USA vs Russia 

I have 5 sweet front row balcony tickets over the one of the the circles.

Cost me less than 140 bucks. 

I’ll be able to see Hughes and possibly both. My seats are in my regular spot, right over top of the play where you can literally talk (yell) to the players. Really looking forward to it. 

As much as I love the WJHC, I’d rather sit in the comfort my own house, with my own facilities, and watch these many games than hang out in crowded, dope-smelly Vancouver or at the rink where there are obscured views of the game, lines and waits between games. 

I plan my work year so I can have enough time off to watch the entire tournament. Haven’t missed it at all since the late 90’s and only a few games dating back to the epic brawl with Russia. This is the best hockey on the planet, IMO. No politics, but I wonder if ultra-liberal Vancouver and Victoria will have some pregame nonsense to inject some politics into it. That’s the beauty of watching from Home and my options with the remote... fast fwd. 

17 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Still plenty of quality tickets left. The modern Sandman hotel is next door. 

This game is a cheap alternative to a marquee WJHC game in Van/Vic if you live outside of those areas. 

Consider this game as an option. 

It's not a cheap alternative when you add in the cost of the ferry for those of us on the island.

It sounds like you got some great seats.  If I still lived in Kamloops (I lived there when Iggy was a Blazer) I would be going for sure.  I'm surprised there are lots of tickets left.  I would have thought that game would sell out fast there.

Archived