The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] UPDATED Leafs sign Andreas Borgman and Calle Rosen

5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I like how the article says that Babcock was looking  to sign euro's while in Paris.

As if he was the only team executive there ... And he's a coach not even a gm.

Toronto Sports Network

Very egocentric indeed.

Makes sense for the leafs to sign him as they have very little defense to work with anyways.

Free prospect is free but his defensive aptitude will be tested on the smaller ice. Less time to move the puck and heavier forwards coming in makes it a different game entirely. Also our LHD is insanely deep atm..

Edler / Hutton / Sbisa / Juolevi / McEneny / Brisebois / Pedan 

Overall don't care either way...

19 minutes ago, Swedish elite3 said:

Swedish journalist reporting it is the canucks but It seems like speculation on his end 

Is that this one from Robin Lindgren (SportExpressen) or are there similar reports from other Swedish sources?

Online Translation: "Unclear what NHL Andreas Borgman. But, it sure feels like the Canucks as a highest possible Club address? Where do I put my money anyways."

1 hour ago, goblix said:

Makes sense for the leafs to sign him as they have very little defense to work with anyways.

Free prospect is free but his defensive aptitude will be tested on the smaller ice. Less time to move the puck and heavier forwards coming in makes it a different game entirely. Also our LHD is insanely deep atm..

Edler / Hutton / Sbisa / Juolevi / McEneny / Brisebois / Pedan 

Overall don't care either way...

Yeah, Canucks are pretty deep at LD, but we don't know if Sbisa will be picked up by Vegas, Juolevi still has a1-2 years before joining the team, McEneny and Pedan are no sure thing, Hutton could be traded, Edler could be gone in the next 1-2 years as well, etc.

Hoping we get this guy. It's just nice to be chosen over other teams. Canucks could use some good news after losing Tryamkin on LD.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, Canucks are pretty deep at LD, but we don't know if Sbisa will be picked up by Vegas, Juolevi still has a1-2 years before joining the team, McEneny and Pedan are no sure thing, Hutton could be traded, Edler could be gone in the next 1-2 years as well, etc.

Hoping we get this guy. It's just nice to be chosen over other teams. Canucks could use some good news after losing Tryamkin on LD.

Tryamkin LHD but preferred to right side I believe.

Either way I agree, no sure things just overall I don't think this guy is any more of a sure thing than McEneny or Pedan are so not really a big loss if he signs elsewhere. I'd say if we do get him signed then Hutton or Edler are on the outs.

I'd also be surprised if Sbisa gets taken by Vegas, 1 year until UFA I'd be more interested in Pedan, Gaunce or Rodin but stranger things have happened :P

Archived