The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van - Tor, Van - Washington (Proposal)

Vancouver Trades Tanev To Toronto for their 2017 1st Round pick and Kapanen

Vancouver Trades Edler (40% retained) + CBJ 2nd round pick to  Washington for Andre Burakovsky or Jakub Vrana 

Toronto gets a great defenceman that makes them competitive and contenders for playoffs, especially if they sign Shattenkirk in the off season.

Ovi's time frame of winning it all is coming to an end, the capitals have 2-3 seasons to win the cup. Edler can replace Shattenkirk or add to team's defence if they keep shattenkirk,

Flame Away

Thank You

2 minutes ago, Jav_11 said:

You don't think kapanen and s first is fair value for Tanev? What would be make more sense in you opinion? 

One top quality piece, rather than two middling ones.  Tanev should return either a top ten pick, or and elite prospect.  

I'd want Carrick on top of Kapanen and 1st.  Kapanen is a really good start (someone who I hope could be swapped for a center in the future) but I think another fringe roster sweetener who could become something good would really round out the deal.  Connor could be our 3rd pair right-side D and (just like Bonino came back for Kes) getting him back for Tanev would at least replace some of the lost depth.  Having him and Subban compete wouldn't be the worst idea.

Burakovsky is an R.F.A. this summer, why would we add?  We're also arguably most set on the wings (Sven, Danny, Brock, Goldie, Granny, Boucher all capable offensive candidates vying for spots) so there's no reason to trade from our area of strength to fill another strong area.  

2 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

You are all crazy.

Minimalistic quote. Any ideas to add to the discussion? Or just judgement? 

I personally think we should just keep Tanev and pick the bpa at #5

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

One top quality piece, rather than two middling ones.  Tanev should return either a top ten pick, or and elite prospect.  

In the perfect world. But here on earth Tanev's value isn't that high. Getting a first and kapenen  would be an excellent return. 

These proposals are all great and all but what's with trading all our defenseman for wingers. We barely have enough room for wingers in the first place. They're all rather small in stature and all very similar players. Why not target some defense prospects with offensive upside or some center prospects?

I mean our wing depth: Sedin, Eriksson, Baertschi, Boeser, Dorsett, Goldobin, Granlund, Gaunce, Dahlen, (Molino, Labate, Grenier). They're all rather undersized, all skilled. Kapanen and Burakovsky are great players but they don't bring anything new to this makeup. The only thing I see them doing is taking away roster spots. I may be wrong though and please correct me if I am. Or at least I advocate having a multitude of different talents in a line up.

10 hours ago, Pears said:

That is absolute highway robbery on our part in the Washington trade. 

And with Ovi winding down Burakovsky is gonna cost a fortune.

And if he's available VAN is certainly not going to be the highest bidder

2 hours ago, Brobidus said:

These proposals are all great and all but what's with trading all our defenseman for wingers. We barely have enough room for wingers in the first place. They're all rather small in stature and all very similar players. Why not target some defense prospects with offensive upside or some center prospects?

I mean our wing depth: Sedin, Eriksson, Baertschi, Boeser, Dorsett, Goldobin, Granlund, Gaunce, Dahlen, (Molino, Labate, Grenier). They're all rather undersized, all skilled. Kapanen and Burakovsky are great players but they don't bring anything new to this makeup. The only thing I see them doing is taking away roster spots. I may be wrong though and please correct me if I am. Or at least I advocate having a multitude of different talents in a line up.

I agree, I wonder who we could trade for that's big, strong, a d skilled? Maybe virt comes out and makes the team? That would be a game changer for our rebuild. Glass or vilardi could come in with that 5th and make a difference also but I personally think we shouldn't rush said players but if they're ready to play let them.

11 hours ago, cyoung said:

In the perfect world. But here on earth Tanev's value isn't that high. Getting a first and kapenen  would be an excellent return. 

The stats show otherwise. He's one of the best shot suppressing defensmen in the NHL and is on a great contract. Kapanen and a 1st is the minimum we should get in return. 

All of you who think tanev would get Kapanen and a 1st, let alone kapanen a first AND MORE, need to stop sipping on the CDC kool-aid.

I for one would be ecstatic if we landed Kapanen + a 2nd or 3rd... He is going to be an impact top 6 winger without a doubt.

50 minutes ago, Pears said:

The stats show otherwise. He's one of the best shot suppressing defensmen in the NHL and is on a great contract. Kapanen and a 1st is the minimum we should get in return. 

No point in arguing. People are split on this. 

1 hour ago, Misconduct16 said:

All of you who think tanev would get Kapanen and a 1st, let alone kapanen a first AND MORE, need to stop sipping on the CDC kool-aid.

I for one would be ecstatic if we landed Kapanen + a 2nd or 3rd... He is going to be an impact top 6 winger without a doubt.

I agree whole heartedly with that. Kapanen will be elite in my mind but there is no room for him on the leafs.

On 2017-05-17 at 10:22 PM, RetroCanuck said:

How does that help our team going forward in this rebuild?

I know I would want Tanev around to teach the defensive aspects of the game to our young dmen. (Stetcher, Hutton, joleivi.)

Archived