The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

For Those Of You That Do Not Believe That Sports Organizations Tank...

SabreFan1

On 5/17/2017 at 11:37 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban admits to tanking last season in order to get a better shot in the draft lottery.  In the NBA that means playing your young inexperienced guys and sitting or trading away your older more experienced players...

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-admits-team-tanked-last-season

that just proves mark cuban is an idiot for bragging about it.that guys a doorknob.

10 hours ago, gino#29 said:

that just proves mark cuban is an idiot for bragging about it.that guys a doorknob.

He hasn't really faced any blowback from the NBA front office as far as I can tell.  I don't follow basketball closely at all so I don't know if there's much of anything Adam Silver can do about it.

I heard rival GM's went to the league to complain how bad the 76ers were the last 4 years, that says something.  They took tanking to the umpteenth degree lol.  Thing is with basketball, one person can really make a difference so they really have the incentive to tank.

On 6/9/2017 at 1:26 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Now the NFL is beginning to get into the act....  The Browns last year and the Jets this year....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/bill-polian-browns-tanked-last-year-that-may-become-common/

That's a pretty weak argument there to say that they signed a kicker of all people to tank. Browns maybe got away with it because they've been historically bad for the past decade so people just have the mentality that the Browns would never succeed

15 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

That's a pretty weak argument there to say that they signed a kicker of all people to tank. Browns maybe got away with it because they've been historically bad for the past decade so people just have the mentality that the Browns would never succeed

Kickers can easily win or lose games for their teams.  Between being just plain horrible and spending waaay below the cap, the Browns' brass were looking for a top 3 pick.  They just lucked out and ended up going 1-15 for the first pick in the draft.

Archived