The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nino Niederieter (Discussion)

22 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Bah. Next years then!

They can compensate for making us wait a year for their 1st by giving us their 2nd rd pick this year.

LOL. Why don't we also ask for Mikael Granlund, while we're at it too?

I love this idea. Nino fits in well with our age group, has proven to be consistent and provides some much needed physicality up front.

Virtanen ( Could be Nino 2.0 )

Van second 2017

Columbus second 2017

Not sure what Minny would be looking for? I would also move Tanev for Nino 1 for 1

53 minutes ago, logic said:

I love this idea. Nino fits in well with our age group, has proven to be consistent and provides some much needed physicality up front.

Virtanen ( Could be Nino 2.0 )

Van second 2017

Columbus second 2017

Not sure what Minny would be looking for? I would also move Tanev for Nino 1 for 1

I certainly do think a trade involving Tanev would be a good idea. Unpopular opinion, but I personally think Tanev is overrated on here. Never played more than 70 games in an NHL season, and has only reached that number once. I like Tanev and his steady defense, but he brings like no offense and is more injury prone than Salo. 

Tanev does not solve their cap problem and they are thinking of moving on from Brodin because he brings too little offence.  

Also they have Suter (NMC), Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Scandella to protect for expansion. 

At F: Parise (NMC), Koivu (NMC), Pominville (NMC), Granlund, Niederreiter, Coyle and Staal.  It sounds like Zucker is the odd man out.

They are trying to trade Pominville but he has a NMC and a 5.6M cap hit for still two years.

5 hours ago, mll said:

They are trying to trade Pominville but he has a NMC (expansion) and a 20-team list where he cannot be traded to.  He has two years left at 5.6M and a buyout is a 4.4M cap hit this season. He had 47pts last season and is 34. 

I think this is the likely scenario. They'll either package a prospect with Pominville to get someone to take him, or they'll buy him out prior to the expansion draft. Then they have money and protection spots for all the forwards.

Losing Brodin or Scandella will hurt though...

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I think this is the likely scenario. They'll either package a prospect with Pominville to get someone to take him, or they'll buy him out prior to the expansion draft. Then they have money and protection spots for all the forwards.

Losing Brodin or Scandella will hurt though...

Buying him out doesn't help them.  It's a 4.4M cap hit this season because of how his contract is structured.  

Other than Spurgeon and Suter their Ds have not had good seasons.  Brodin brings too little offence and he's been rumoured available for some time.

Archived