The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Stars open to moving No. 3 pick

4 hours ago, BO_Scorvat said:

Friedman was on nhl network last night and said he thinks Dallas and Anaheim would do a vatanen deal for the third overall pick.  I don't know about you guys but I think Tanev is way better than vatanen 

I doubt DAL would be interested in that,  They already have Klingberg and Honka at point producing right shot D,  why would they want another.  They need a left handed, all around, minute muncher guy to fill there need.  A young Alex edler type. 

It's probably been mentioned, but Carolina could swoop in here, rather easily.

Offer a Hanifin-type(or Fleury?) & perhaps Dallas would need to add a + with 3OA? The way the Canes trawl the cap ocean floor, wouldn't surprise me if they moved to a new city. Recycle top assets for shiny, new top picks fits easily into the moving vans.

47 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's probably been mentioned, but Carolina could swoop in here, rather easily.

Offer a Hanifin-type(or Fleury?) & perhaps Dallas would need to add a + with 3OA? The way the Canes trawl the cap ocean floor, wouldn't surprise me if they moved to a new city. Recycle top assets for shiny, new top picks fits easily into the moving vans.

Pre Bishop I saw NJ as a player for the 3rd OA by simply giving over Schnieder running Kinkaid and Wedgewood/Blackwood and drafting Oettinger in the 2nd.

I could actually STILL see them considering doing that with Philly honestly knowing that Schneider has 3-5 good years left and NJ's window is completely closed for the foreseeable future.  but doubt Philly would dance to that tune

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Pre Bishop I saw NJ as a player for the 3rd OA by simply giving over Schnieder running Kinkaid and Wedgewood/Blackwood and drafting Oettinger in the 2nd.

I could actually STILL see them considering doing that with Philly honestly knowing that Schneider has 3-5 good years left and NJ's window is completely closed for the foreseeable future.  but doubt Philly would dance to that tune

What about Ana making a play for Schneids? Would he & Kes still be chummy?

On Philly, think they should move out a big contract, or two. Their cap-situation always seems imbalanced.

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

What about Ana making a play for Schneids? Would he & Kes still be chummy?

On Philly, think they should move out a big contract, or two. Their cap-situation always seems imbalanced.

I have a thought that we could eat the McDonald contract and add in a Hutton and maybe a couple 2nds for the 2nd OA but it's never going to happen

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I have a thought that we could eat the McDonald contract and add in a Hutton and maybe a couple 2nds for the 2nd OA but it's never going to happen

League loves this team. MacD will stub his toe on the coffee table & go LTIR 'til the coming apocalypse...

On 5/24/2017 at 0:20 PM, cuporbust said:

You said that we need a big d man. I was saying we need a karlsson not a guddy.  By the way , Liljegren is only 1 inch taller , and 192 pounds as apposed to 175. 

Have u ever been to the gym ? Just because liljagren is 15 pounds heavier does not mean he is stronger. And like I said , there is basically no hight difference. 

As far as the karlsson thing , there is not a big size difference as u are saying. 2 inches taller , and 15 pounds. Also , considering karlsson is 27, and makar is 18 , 15 pounds is nothing. karlsson was 162 pounds , and 5"11 in his draft year man. Thats 13 pounds lighter , and one inch taller then Makar is. Dont use size as a comparison. Not a good argument.  

Okay, if those numbers are right, you've convinced me.

Just curious, where did you get those draft year height/weight numbers from?

56 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

Okay, if those numbers are right, you've convinced me.

Just curious, where did you get those draft year height/weight numbers from?

Also NHL . com mike morreale has Makar at 5"11 179. 

Those height and weight numbers are always so skewed for smaller guys.

I remember Cliff Ronning being listed anywhere between 5'8" and 5'10".... I also remember standing beside him and being pretty darn sure he wasn't close to the bottom end of that range.

I think that one of two trades will happen here. Either between the Canucks and Stars, or Canes and Stars. Still think Tanev is getting way overvalued here. I would say something like Tanev + 33 for Lehtonen + 3 will be the trade. Hanifin for 3 is the other option, but I think Hanifin goes to Buffalo for Reinhart.

1 minute ago, Darkstar said:

I think that one of two trades will happen here. Either between the Canucks and Stars, or Canes and Stars. Still think Tanev is getting way overvalued here. I would say something like Tanev + 33 for Lehtonen + 3 will be the trade. Hanifin for 3 is the other option, but I think Hanifin goes to Buffalo for Reinhart.

The Dalls trade for third overall sounds fair to me.  It's painful, likely for both sides.  Is Hanifin struggling like Reinhart is?  

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Dalls trade for third overall sounds fair to me.  It's painful, likely for both sides.  Is Hanifin struggling like Reinhart is?  

If 30 points as a 20 year old D-man on one of the leagues worst teams is struggling, I would say the Canucks need more "struggling" players.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If 30 points as a 20 year old D-man on one of the leagues worst teams is struggling, I would say the Canucks need more "struggling" players.

So if Hanifin is actually doing really well, why would he get moved for a struggling Reinhart?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So if Hanifin is actually doing really well, why would he get moved for a struggling Reinhart?

He won't get moved.

Him and Faulk will likely be cornerstones on their D for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do we still want Reinhart?  Would he be a good step in our rebuild thing JB is doing?  

Maybe if we moved Sutter out. Don't really see where he'd fit right now.

Also have to wait and see if there's a top center available for us in the draft.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe if we moved Sutter out. Don't really see where he'd fit right now.

Also have to wait and see if there's a top center available for us in the draft.

Sutter + 5th OA + Subban for Reinhart? Still not enough. Would be nice though! Although, that kinda makes Bo our shutdown C. Not ideal...

Archived