The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green interview with Rick Dhaliwal May 19th

Ossi Vaananen

I didn't know how else to post this, but it's a nice little twitter interview: 

I always find it interesting that some of the young guys or bubble players stay in Vancouver, even at this point in the offseason. Shows they want it. Green making the trip to see Jarvis is cool as well. At least some Canucks news to tie us over...

Jarvis for Utica maybe? Sounds like Jarvis still has a job hopefully.

Bo came in more mature than most,  I heard a great idea of finding a strong 4th line defensive centre to free up Bo to develop his offensive game, which I think is a great idea. Bo has some good RW's to audition this year. (Goldy or Dahlen maybe).

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Bo came in more mature than most,  I heard a great idea of finding a strong 4th line defensive centre to free up Bo to develop his offensive game, which I think is a great idea. Bo has some good RW's to audition this year. (Goldy or Dahlen maybe).

Benning said they expect Jarvis to be one of Green's assistants but it's up to Green to decide.  

4 minutes ago, groovy said:

Did not mention Jake in the workout group. Where is he getting ready, and who is leading/monitoring him?

Read in the Virtanen thread Jake is playing ball hockey, much like what Burrows did.

Green is extremely fortunate to have the option of Jarvis as an assistant.

I get the importance of bringing in your own guys that you have coaching chemistry with, but Jarvis balances out the "inexperienced first time NHL coach" factor with as much winning experience as you can get in an assistant.

Imo, our young guys need to be learning from a six-time Stanley Cup champion, a former Selke winner, and the NHL ironman.

Jarvis is a big opportunity for both Green and our youth. Will be disappointed if he's not back on the bench.

49 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He spoke highly of Baumer in a previous interview. I think it implied that he was considering him as an assistant with the Canucks, but maybe he's giving him his vote for head coach in Utica.

Glad to see he met with Jarvis. I think he'd be a good asset to have on the bench next season. I hope Green is smart enough to see that and keep some experience there.

Love to hear that Bo thinks he has more developing to do and that he isn't at his true potential yet. The guy is very grounded and focused and that's awesome to see. This team needs that mentality.

Green on the search for his assistants. "Have had some good conversations, it's an on-going process. Utica is an important hire."

What does Green choosing his assistants in Vancouver have to do with the coaching position in Utica - other than the possibility that whomever Green doesn't choose to be his associate is going to be the Utica head coach?  That was a very cryptic quote or it was, as often happens, taken completely out of context. 

8 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Glad to see he met Horvat and I love to see Bo having the drive, determination  and dedication to improve and be better.  It's also good to see the young guys getting serious and working hard for next season. 

I love the modesty. Need more of that. 

15 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Willie Mitchell, Scott Walker and Manny Malhotra please!

Wow.

Yes, yes please. What a who's who. All guys who had to work for it in various ways. We want a hard working team? That's how to get it. You can still have a talented playerbase, but if they're motivated AND talented, look out.

I suspect Baumer will be up coaching though, which doesn't break my heart either. Unless he gets the HC job in Utica, which I suppose is possible too.

Archived