The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green interview with Rick Dhaliwal May 19th

Ossi Vaananen

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Green is extremely fortunate to have the option of Jarvis as an assistant.

I get the importance of bringing in your own guys that you have coaching chemistry with, but Jarvis balances out the "inexperienced first time NHL coach" factor with as much winning experience as you can get in an assistant.

Imo, our young guys need to be learning from a six-time Stanley Cup champion, a former Selke winner, and the NHL ironman.

Jarvis is a big opportunity for both Green and our youth. Will be disappointed if he's not back on the bench.

If Dougie is kept on does that mean we can look forward to some interviews next year? In his 'walk bys' last year he looked down right unhappy. :( 

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin and Juolevi are in Vancouver working out, training to be ready for camp, and Virtanen's playing ball hockey (and probably having a few brewskies)? Maybe he really doesn't get it.

You made so many assumptions right there based on nothing. I heard he was doing coke on a rocket filled with gnome strippers headed to Mars what a lazy ass. You know nothing of what his workout routine is. He could just as easily be training with a top athletic trainer everyday. If high level ball hockey is intense and can keep his fitness on track from the end of the Utica season until training camp then that is a hell of a lot better than last year. 

8 minutes ago, taskicon said:

You made so many assumptions right there based on nothing. I heard he was doing coke on a rocket filled with gnome strippers headed to Mars what a lazy ass. You know nothing of what his workout routine is. He could just as easily be training with a top athletic trainer everyday. If high level ball hockey is intense and can keep his fitness on track from the end of the Utica season until training camp then that is a hell of a lot better than last year. 

Yeah, I see almost zero negatives, outside of a slight injury risk, in players adding things like high level ball hockey or floor ball to their offseason training. These are dry land activities that come about as close as it gets to on ice training. And I'm sure Virtanen has other activities planned for the summer in the weight room as well as with his diet and conditioning.

22 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin and Juolevi are in Vancouver working out, training to be ready for camp, and Virtanen's playing ball hockey (and probably having a few brewskies)? Maybe he really doesn't get it.

isn't it a good thing? Burr played every year. Jake just needs to stay trim and do some strength training, he doesn't need to bulk up. 

30 minutes ago, taskicon said:

I heard he also has been kicking puppies and was added to Trump's advisory team.

25 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

isn't it a good thing? Burr played every year. Jake just needs to stay trim and do some strength training, he doesn't need to bulk up. 

Ball hockey takes serous fitness.  Anyone that plays ball hockey knows that it is great cardio.

There are few sports where you can manage to suck wind as quickly as chasing that red ball around.

This does not concern me at all.

If anything, Juolevi, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin are the guys were are looking to add strength - Virtanen is a guy we are looking to add fitness.

People get stupid about this stuff imo.

28 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I see almost zero negatives, outside of a slight injury risk, in players adding things like high level ball hockey or floor ball to their offseason training. These are dry land activities that come about as close as it gets to on ice training. And I'm sure Virtanen has other activities planned for the summer in the weight room as well as with his diet and conditioning.

Jake's off-season development needs are less gym-related but more fitness and hockey-related.  Everyone can get stronger, but that shouldn't be his priority as it was last year.

2 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

1.  Burrows was the Gretzky of ball-hockey.

2.  Virtanen is probably playing ball-hockey because he's not talented enough to play real hockey.

Idiot.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Him playing ball-hockey is bad in what way? Why do you need to antagonize Virtanen in every possible way? 

34 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Ball hockey takes serous fitness.  Anyone that plays ball hockey knows that it is great cardio.

There are few sports where you can manage to suck wind as quickly as chasing that red ball around.

This does not concern me at all.

If anything, Juolevi, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin are the guys were are looking to add strength - Virtanen is a guy we are looking to add fitness.

People get stupid about this stuff imo.

its the "off"season. We need some real news. 

I'm just happy it appears Jake has a coach he's willing to listen to. 

Archived