The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green interview with Rick Dhaliwal May 19th

Ossi Vaananen

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin and Juolevi are in Vancouver working out, training to be ready for camp, and Virtanen's playing ball hockey (and probably having a few brewskies)? Maybe he really doesn't get it.

Jake LIVES in Vancouver. 

Its impressive that the other guys have traveled from around the world to be here.  

Guaranteed Jake is here and training hard. He's already had a look at Travis Green's expectations and responded positively. And quite possibly / probably with the other guys.

2 hours ago, taskicon said:

You made so many assumptions right there based on nothing. I heard he was doing coke on a rocket filled with gnome strippers headed to Mars what a lazy ass. You know nothing of what his workout routine is. He could just as easily be training with a top athletic trainer everyday. If high level ball hockey is intense and can keep his fitness on track from the end of the Utica season until training camp then that is a hell of a lot better than last year. 

Correct.

2 hours ago, taskicon said:

You made so many assumptions right there based on nothing. I heard he was doing coke on a rocket filled with gnome strippers headed to Mars what a lazy ass. You know nothing of what his workout routine is. He could just as easily be training with a top athletic trainer everyday. If high level ball hockey is intense and can keep his fitness on track from the end of the Utica season until training camp then that is a hell of a lot better than last year. 

You seem to be making some assumptions yourself. The Horvat-type prospects on the team are in Vancouver working hard getting ready for camp. Maybe they're even working out together, you know, as a team. These guys want to be on the team next year and are doing what it takes. Subban's also working hard apparently, and is even scouting Eliis (NSH). I'm not sure what Virtanen is doing, I heard he's playing ball hockey, but maybe he is seriously working out and getting on the ice and in the gym. I want to also see him on the team next season. I guess we'll see if the ball hockey pays off.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You seem to be making some assumptions yourself. The Horvat-type prospects on the team are in Vancouver working hard getting ready for camp. Maybe they're even working out together, you know, as a team. These guys want to be on the team next year and are doing what it takes. Subban's also working hard apparently, and is even scouting Eliis (NSH). I'm not sure what Virtanen is doing, I heard he's playing ball hockey, but maybe he is seriously working out and getting on the ice and in the gym. I want to also see him on the team next season. I guess we'll see if the ball hockey pays off.

If he wants his career to end, he isn't working out, skating and in the gym. Pretty sure he is doing all of those things. Who in their right mind says "I'm gonna blow my chance at being a millionaire on purpose!"Image result for blind meme

Jake got a lot of flak this past season (deservedly so it would appear) for his attitude and approach to the game. Maturity comes at different ages for different people. When I think back to when I was 20, I sometimes cringe thinking of the stuff I did and said, yet some of the people around me were, on reflection, quite well-rounded personality-wise and had all their ducks in a row. I'd like to think that Jake is just a little later getting his act together and that there's still a chance that we've got somebody who can play a big part in the Canuck's future.

4 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

1.  Burrows was the Gretzky of ball-hockey.

2.  Virtanen is probably playing ball-hockey because he's not talented enough to play real hockey.

Made me laugh so I wont give you a minus.

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

He's not the only one that likes it.  That's a good chunk of our future core right there, not only serious about working out in the off-season but doing so together.

Where's Bouch? I think he has something if he gets in shape. At least he knows what he has to do base don his exit interviews.

5 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

isn't it a good thing? Burr played every year. Jake just needs to stay trim and do some strength training, he doesn't need to bulk up. 

Ball hockey at a high level is a crazy workout combining cardio and burst endurance. $&!# it is a crazy workout in my beer league....

6 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Virtanen is probably playing ball-hockey because he's not talented enough to play real hockey.

Kind of like the way you are trolling because you're not talented enough to write posts with content?

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin and Juolevi are in Vancouver working out, training to be ready for camp, and Virtanen's playing ball hockey (and probably having a few brewskies)? Maybe he really doesn't get it.

Since Virtannen is from the lower mainland it would stand to reason with those with logic, that he trains here for the off season. The guys mentioned by Green are not from the area, so it is note worthy that they are spending there off-season here training. 

It has also been reported that he is using ball hockey to train this off season in much the same way Burrows did. FYI he is playing defence. 

EmW

11 hours ago, taskicon said:

He was actually being considered for the team Canada squad going to the World "Inline" hockey championships (that roller hockey stuff)....not ball hockey. 

5 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Since Virtannen is from the lower mainland it would stand to reason with those with logic, that he trains here for the off season. The guys mentioned by Green are not from the area, so it is note worthy that they are spending there off-season here training. 

It has also been reported that he is using ball hockey to train this off season in much the same way Burrows did. FYI he is playing defence. 

EmW

As I said in the other thread much of the blame on Jakes development is on the management and coaching end. He was working out Monday to Friday last year during the offseason. Some think the roller hockey is a good avenue for him to train. The Nucks put him up in a condo downtown last year on his own. Why not put him in with a vet to guide him a bit and show him the ropes. 

14 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm sure he'd rather be drinking those brewskis poolside at The Bieb's mansion.

This is progress.

Archived