The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Johansen out for rest of playoffs with thigh injury

I guess Kesler is out now too so he can troll from the visitor's chair in the hospital room.   "Hey, your IV drip is going too slow....toooooo slow....so lame....I would have it twice as fast and it would have vodka in it......."   ...and so forth.    

Dang, big loss there.  Take the center out of their dynamic scoring first line and overall leading scorer in the playoffs and they're in big trouble.

Short of the Predators absolutely locking down and stifling the Ducks (unlikely given the Ducks' own fire power) or another center (Wilson, Sissons, Fisher, Smith, Jarnkrok) stepping up to fill the void it'll be interesting to see how the Predators try to fill that scoring void.  Here's hoping that Rinne and that D-core can lock it down and they get enough scoring by committee to overcome the Ducks.  As much as I don't mind the Ducks I would love to see Predators - Sens for an all underdog Final.  

That sucks. But that's Anaheim for you - they just wear you down. "Thigh injury that requires emergency surgery", though...I hear about: "lower-body injury" or "torn ACL" or some sort of groin or hamstring injury, but this may be the first time I've heard of this. A lot of speculation on the Preds boards as to when it actually happened.

51 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

That sucks. But that's Anaheim for you - they just wear you down. "Thigh injury that requires emergency surgery", though...I hear about: "lower-body injury" or "torn ACL" or some sort of groin or hamstring injury, but this may be the first time I've heard of this. A lot of speculation on the Preds boards as to when it actually happened.

Sounds like "compartment syndrome".  Swelling becomes severe enough it compromises blood flow to and from certain muscle groups (compartments separated by fascia).  Usually have to make incision to relieve pressure.  Can definitely be "limb threatening "

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Not so sure this actually "ruins" Nashville, they definitely have a D that can step up in a big way.

It sucks though. The dude's fun to watch.

They have no Cs.  Fisher is still under evaluation - he left early in the 3rd.

Their remaining Cs are Jarnkrok, Sissons (who played a lot of wing this season) and Fiddler.   Watson played some C in the AHL.

53 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You were meant to bring the cup to Vancouver not California!...

You were our heart and soul, Kesler.... We loved you....

WE HAD TWO 41 GOAL SCORERS AND A 50 POINT D-MAN yet we still lost.

Archived