The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arizona-Van (Proposal)

Ok, Arizona's Right Defensive side is crappy, and could really use Tanev's veteran presence, Arizona also has Minni's 2017 1st, so they can still build youth.....

Tanev + Columbus's 2017 2nd (55th OA)        for    Arizona's 2017 1st (7th OA) + 2017 2nd (34th OA)

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, Arizona's Right Defensive side is crappy, and could really use Tanev's veteran presence, Arizona also has Minni's 2017 1st, so they can still build youth.....

Tanev + Columbus's 2017 2nd (55th OA)        for    Arizona's 2017 1st (7th OA) + 2017 2nd (34th OA)

Seems like a very fair trade.  The Coyotes need to stop continuously rebuilding and get into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Seems like a very fair trade.  The Coyotes need to stop continuously rebuilding and get into the playoffs.

I really need a Coyotes fan to chime in on this one. But then I remembered the Coyotes have no fans. 

20 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Funny how lately every team with a high pick in the draft is a "perfect fit" for Tanev

Funny how Tampa, Toronto, Arizona, Detroit, New Jersey, Dallas etc. all need a RD. 

As for the proposal, that's not enough for Tanev. We need a B-A grade prospect and a 1st or a young roster player who can make an impact in return for Tanev. If we can't get that then we keep him. 

49 minutes ago, Pears said:

Funny how Tampa, Toronto, Arizona, Detroit, New Jersey, Dallas etc. all need a RD. 

As for the proposal, that's not enough for Tanev. We need a B-A grade prospect and a 1st or a young roster player who can make an impact in return for Tanev. If we can't get that then we keep him. 

Pretty sure Edmonton wants a RD too......not that I would even consider a trade with them! lol

Value-wise I don't think Tanev is worth a top-10 pick alone. We're essentially swapping 2nd round picks but moving up 20 spots, and swapping Tanev for a 7th overall, so essentially that makes Tanev's value a 7th overall pick + early 2nd pick. That seems a bit much for him. 

To me, in an average draft I think Tanev can get us a 15-20th overall pick at best. In a deep draft a late 1st alone. Don't see him bringing that much value back.

If we want Arizona's 7th overall I think the trade would have to be Tanev + Vancouver's 2nd or maybe CBJ's 2nd if we're lucky for the 7th overall straight up.

Draft Vilardi and Heiskanen, rebuild is on.

15 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Value-wise I don't think Tanev is worth a top-10 pick alone. We're essentially swapping 2nd round picks but moving up 20 spots, and swapping Tanev for a 7th overall, so essentially that makes Tanev's value a 7th overall pick + early 2nd pick. That seems a bit much for him. 

To me, in an average draft I think Tanev can get us a 15-20th overall pick at best. In a deep draft a late 1st alone. Don't see him bringing that much value back.

If we want Arizona's 7th overall I think the trade would have to be Tanev + Vancouver's 2nd or maybe CBJ's 2nd if we're lucky for the 7th overall straight up.

Pretty much with you all the way until Vilardi/Heisakanen - would much prefer a combination of either Middlman/Glass and Dahlen/Makar. 

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Pretty much with you all the way until Vilardi/Heisakanen - would much prefer a combination of either Middlman/Glass and Dahlen/Makar. 

I think we will have to wait a year for Dahlen, but seriously.......there is a hell of a lot of teams looking at Tanev......

I think he gets us the 7th OA +, but was trying to be conservative on the plus, that is why the exchange of seconds....

I would take Mittlestadt and Liljegren................or Mittlestad and Tippett.........knowing full well, that with out Tanev we are drafting high again next year, and can pick our Dman then.........but I am good with either scenario

41 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Maybe? My definition of a late 1st in a deep draft is a 25 to 30 OA pick, which I think Tanev brings back way more than that, probably a mid first round in a deep draft about 14 to 16 ish.....in an average draft...maybe 4 picks higher...about 11 to 15 ish, and in a weaker draft maybe a 7 to 10 spot....so maybe I am off a little, but not much........

I would argue that, Tanev is a sure thing and the picks are not, so Arizona pays the extra for the guarantee.....I don't know but that's the way I kinda see it

29 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

....knowing full well, that with out Tanev we are drafting high again next year, 

We're drafting high with or without Tanev next year - he's not going to single-handedly change our fortunes even though he's a great defender.

14 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Maybe? My definition of a late 1st in a deep draft is a 25 to 30 OA pick, which I think Tanev brings back way more than that, probably a mid first round in a deep draft about 14 to 16 ish.....in an average draft...maybe 4 picks higher...about 11 to 15 ish, and in a weaker draft maybe a 7 to 10 spot....so maybe I am off a little, but not much........

I would argue that, Tanev is a sure thing and the picks are not, so Arizona pays the extra for the guarantee.....I don't know but that's the way I kinda see it

Arizona finished 1 point ahead of Vancouver in tbe standings.  If Tanev doesn't fit in with Vancouvers long term plans to rebuild, why would he fit Arizonas?  

Its not like they're one defensive defenceman away from being a contender.  

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Arizona finished 1 point ahead of Vancouver in tbe standings.  If Tanev doesn't fit in with Vancouvers long term plans to rebuild, why would he fit Arizonas?  

Its not like they're one defensive defenceman away from being a contender.  

Arizona has 3 great Center prospects in Keller, Strome and Dvorak.
They have a wealth of exceptional winger prospects that are either on the team or almost there in Domi, Rieder, Perlini, Fischer, Crouse, Merkley, Duclair etc.
They have one of the best defenders in the league in OEL, to build around him they have Chychrun and Deangelo.

They are a couple of years in front of us in terms of prospects and are clearly ready to start competing properly. On top of that they also have the 7th overall, the 23rd and the 34th overall picks this year. Unlike the Oilers and Flames, I actually think the Coyotes can do some damage this year but what they are sorely missing is a top center and a top RHD. Both Keller and Strome are probably making the league this year. I think it's fair to project Strome to be on the level of Reinhart this year which puts him at a decent 2nd line center. I'd put Keller in the same ballpark. Now this is all personal opinion but that should fix their center woes. If they add a couple of veterans in FA for mentoring purposes... Anyway point is they only need an RHD, a defensive RHD to compliment OEL, someone better than Luke Schenn. The picks they have are great but they are hardly useful at this point for them. Trading Tanev to Arizona makes sense for both us and them. 

I think the real question is; let's reverse the situation. Would WE pay up the 5th overall for Tanev? One of Glass, Vilardi, Mittelstadt for Tanev. One of these three could very much be available at 7th. Arizona will definitely decline. They could pick up another 1C and just trade him for a D once he develops. So I don't see Tanev getting into the top 10 alone, instead it makes more sense to me to target one of their young players and the 23rd OA.

Ok maybe the Coyotes need a goalie too :P We can't help out here though. They can always try trade with Dallas too

Arizona also have depth at centre ( keller, domi, strome, dvorak, merkley)

If somehow Tanev can get us Dylan Strome and we can swap 5th and 7th and a mayb a another 2nd rounder frm Arizona ( cause strome is a prospect and Tanev is legitimate top 4 dman in nhll

i know strome has lots to prove at NHL level but that also goes fr the pick assuming if Tanev is traded straight up fr a pick.

Canucks can than draft dman with 7th overall and Strome would also fill our biggest need at centre in the  future

Archived