The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anaheim (proposal)

Watching the playoffs have proven that a defensive corps including offensive threats on every pairing in essential. Our blue line is not very strong after the hole tryamkin has left. This proposal upgrades our back end 

To van:

brandon montour

to ana:

markus granlund + cbj 2nd

montour has put up monster numbers outside of the nhl and does possess elite potential. At 23 years old, he looks to be an elite pmd. While losing granlund would hurt, it is harder to come by this type of dman who could possible come this cheap. Anaheim is possible shopping him if KB2 will waive his NTC before the ED. Now is the time to take advantage of Anaheim because if we don't someone else will.

This would allow for a tanev trade to upgrade our centre position via draft pick or elsewhere. A d corps including montour, stech, Hutton, juolevi, Makar/heiskanen/Liljegren? And tryamkin?

In 3-4 years looks scary good

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-tampa-bay-lightning-nashville-predators-ryan-ellis-anaheim-ducks/2017/05/15/

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170326

9 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

I am going to start a band called + CBJ 2nd. First song shall be entitled The Ballard of Keith. 

If you want to add constructively to the post, appreciate it. If not, atleast come up with something funny that we can laugh at. Your sense of humor is lacking considering the proposal provides relatively equal value..

Pass from me if management doesn't trade Tanev.  With him still here we're loaded on right-side defensemen (also have Stecher and Gudbranson already).

If we trade Chris for a package including a young center then I'd entertain this more, although hopefully the team still ensures that someone like Goldie or Boucher is ready to fill the 20-goal void that would be present after moving Granny.  Overall I don't think that right-side D-men should be the highest priority, since we may already have an offensive D per pairing (Stecher, Hutton, maybe Subban or Juolevi too).

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting proposal.  I haven't really noticed Montour in the games, so I'll focus on him now, and see.  I would much rather give up Baer than Granlund though. 

Would much rather give up Baer as well I just don't think it's realistic given the history with T Green. However he prolly holds more value around the league than granlund does so who knows.

The 20 goal void would easily be filled with Boeser and Goldobin. I also think Reid Boucher has more potential as a sniper than anyone thinks, as his confidence built through game you can see him becoming more and more dangerous. Losing Baertschi or Granny won't hurt as much. 

This is an awesome proposal especially if the canucks cab land a top 10 pick and a prospect for Tanev then this is a great set up moving forward. 

8 minutes ago, Jav_11 said:

The 20 goal void would easily be filled with Boeser and Goldobin. I also think Reid Boucher has more potential as a sniper than anyone thinks, as his confidence built through game you can see him becoming more and more dangerous. Losing Baertschi or Granny won't hurt as much. 

This is an awesome proposal especially if the canucks cab land a top 10 pick and a prospect for Tanev then this is a great set up moving forward. 

I know it's a long shot also but if we were to add montour and offing edler ++ for that 3rd OA in dallas and tanev for SR or another centre of the like, with the high draft picks coming up I could see our rebuild or whatever you wanna call it not lasting as long as originally thought. Of course it's a long shot but I think tanev is worth a piece like SR. as for edler, the way he's playing with Klingberg could entice the stars considering they should be a contender with an upgrade on the blue line and in net.

If I'm dreaming 

To Dal: Edler + 33rd OA

To van: dal 3rd OA + Niemi

and then 

To Buf: Tanev

To van: Sam Reinhart

like I said..long shot

17 minutes ago, Jav_11 said:

Anton Rodin should occupy that 20 goal slot, no problem. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

Anton Rodin should occupy that 20 goal slot, no problem. :rolleyes:

Completely irrelevant considering he didn't mention Rodin. And again, if you aren't going to provide anything regarding the topic or conducive to the proposal then I'm not sure why you're even posting. Bye

Montour is one of their most promising D-man whom is expansion exempt .

Why would the Ducks want to trade him, he has a friendly salary and is expansion exempt which is what they need.

If they trade a D man it will be one of their exposed guys and it will be for a top 6 forward .

10 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

Montour is one of their most promising D-man whom is expansion exempt .

Why would the Ducks want to trade him, he has a friendly salary and is expansion exempt which is what they need.

If they trade a D man it will be one of their exposed guys and it will be for a top 6 forward .

They are loaded on defense and could use offensive help since their offensive players are aging and montours value would be high right now. If KB decides to waive his NMC, they would be able to keep vatanen, lindholm, and fowler while bieksa likely won't be taken in the ED. Add shea Theodore and Simone despres to that and that makes a trade for him more likely if they can acquire a nice/younger offensive piece

8 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

They are loaded on defense and could use offensive help since their offensive players are aging and montours value would be high right now. If KB decides to waive his NMC, they would be able to keep vatanen, lindholm, and fowler while bieksa likely won't be taken in the ED. Add shea Theodore and Simone despres to that and that makes a trade for him more likely if they can acquire a nice/younger offensive piece

I would be suprised if KB waives with only one year left...that's why he has a NMC and who would take him if he did ? 

I think Montours value doesn't go down if he stays a Duck as he will still improve.

If they move any of their D men it will be for a legit top 6 forward. 

I also don't like the idea of losing one of our few forwards that can put the puck in the  net however if it were Montour coming back i would be ok with it.

I think Joulevi  has that roster spot ahead of someone like Montour.  Montour has speed but is still learning (I was watching him the last few games and he looks a bit unsteady in his own zone )

I'd rather trade for an extra 1st rounder if possible.

5 hours ago, Eastsidenuck said:

Completely irrelevant considering he didn't mention Rodin. And again, if you aren't going to provide anything regarding the topic or conducive to the proposal then I'm not sure why you're even posting. Bye

Image result for homer simpson bushes gif

if there's a deal with ANA, I'd like to see us trade for Silferbeg for the highly touted Torts 2nd. ANA has to expose him to Vegas and thats probably a better return than another team would offer. We'd have to expose Baer but I think the upgrade would be worth it. 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

if there's a deal with ANA, I'd like to see us trade for Silferbeg for the highly touted Torts 2nd. ANA has to expose him to Vegas and thats probably a better return than another team would offer. We'd have to expose Baer but I think the upgrade would be worth it. 

I'm looking to take advantage of the ducks d men personally with the way Manson and montour are playing right now...plus if KB waived and they use the 7,3,1 plan then Manson may be the one who is taken by vegas. If he/montour can come cheap that would be a steal. We could use that physicality from Josh Manson

11 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

I'm looking to take advantage of the ducks d men personally with the way Manson and montour are playing right now...plus if KB waived and they use the 7,3,1 plan then Manson may be the one who is taken by vegas. If he/montour can come cheap that would be a steal. We could use that physicality from Josh Manson

not sure Bieksa waives tho... why would he? 

Archived