The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anaheim (proposal)

50 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

not sure Bieksa waives tho... why would he? 

because otherwise they will buy him out.  They've apparently had discussions with him already last summer re his NMC.

Feels like they will trade a D for a F and go 3D + 7F.   Tampa and Colorado have been scouting them at the TDL - but not the best timing as they were heading to the playoffs.  Also Lamoriello and Babcock were in Nashville for games 3 and 4 and Sportsnet speculates it's to watch their Ds.

On 5/20/2017 at 7:58 AM, Eastsidenuck said:

If you want to add constructively to the post, appreciate it. If not, atleast come up with something funny that we can laugh at. Your sense of humor is lacking considering the proposal provides relatively equal value..

I thought it was pretty funny.

On 5/20/2017 at 7:41 AM, Eastsidenuck said:

Watching the playoffs have proven that a defensive corps including offensive threats on every pairing in essential. Our blue line is not very strong after the hole tryamkin has left. This proposal upgrades our back end 

To van:

brandon montour

to ana:

markus granlund + cbj 2nd

montour has put up monster numbers outside of the nhl and does possess elite potential. At 23 years old, he looks to be an elite pmd. While losing granlund would hurt, it is harder to come by this type of dman who could possible come this cheap. Anaheim is possible shopping him if KB2 will waive his NTC before the ED. Now is the time to take advantage of Anaheim because if we don't someone else will.

This would allow for a tanev trade to upgrade our centre position via draft pick or elsewhere. A d corps including montour, stech, Hutton, juolevi, Makar/heiskanen/Liljegren? And tryamkin?

In 3-4 years looks scary good

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-tampa-bay-lightning-nashville-predators-ryan-ellis-anaheim-ducks/2017/05/15/

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170326

ucoH5cenTCuM8.webp

Lindholm, Montour, Theodore, Fowler and Vatanen. 5 puck movers, not much physicality but they can protect Fowler + Lindholm + Vatanen and the other two are exempt anyway. Their defence is set in stone for the next 5-10 years, and up front they've got skill and size coming through. Their one need is a star consistent goalie and maybe a bit more firepower up front to replace their big guns. They'll miss Kesler and Getzlaf in a year or two's time. For me I think the Ducks' needs is a young center. Too bad we have nothing to offer them.

Might be a trade revolving around Gaudette for Theodore but we'd have to throw in a bit more, maybe Gaudette + Granlund for Theodore + late pick. Ducks get a decent center into the fold and a 20 goal scorer now, Canucks get a top puck moving defenceman. We replace Gaudette by drafting Vilardi/Mittelstatd/Glass and Granlund's numbers will be replaced by Dahlen/Goldobin/Boeser/Baertschi/Boucher.

Draft another top defenceman in the top-10 in 2018. We're sorted

Theodore - 2018 pick

Juolevi - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

On 5/20/2017 at 6:41 AM, Eastsidenuck said:

Watching the playoffs have proven that a defensive corps including offensive threats on every pairing in essential. Our blue line is not very strong after the hole tryamkin has left. This proposal upgrades our back end 

To van:

brandon montour

to ana:

markus granlund + cbj 2nd

montour has put up monster numbers outside of the nhl and does possess elite potential. At 23 years old, he looks to be an elite pmd. While losing granlund would hurt, it is harder to come by this type of dman who could possible come this cheap. Anaheim is possible shopping him if KB2 will waive his NTC before the ED. Now is the time to take advantage of Anaheim because if we don't someone else will.

This would allow for a tanev trade to upgrade our centre position via draft pick or elsewhere. A d corps including montour, stech, Hutton, juolevi, Makar/heiskanen/Liljegren? And tryamkin?

In 3-4 years looks scary good

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-tampa-bay-lightning-nashville-predators-ryan-ellis-anaheim-ducks/2017/05/15/

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170326

Anaheim will have to pick between Fowler, Vatanen and Josh Manson to deal from their young NHL ready D core.  Brandon Montour doesn't qualify for the Vegas Expansion draft.  I like where you are going with this though, but the target should be Manson, he's a very solid D man and they risk losing him for nothing to Vegas.

On 5/20/2017 at 7:58 AM, Eastsidenuck said:

If you want to add constructively to the post, appreciate it. If not, atleast come up with something funny that we can laugh at. Your sense of humor is lacking considering the proposal provides relatively equal value..

but I larffed, maybe its you that is lacking a funny bone

I think after losing to what should have been a weaker, injured Nashville team (especially dropping 2 games to a team with no top-6 center), the Ducks will want a decent goalie. Whether Miller is still in his prime or not, that depends on what other teams think but I think he's still good for one more year of a Cup run. He'd be the perfect trade deadline move.

At the trade deadline, depending on what happens to Anaheim's defence, it'd be nice to make a move like this:

TO VAN: Shea Theodore + 2018 1st round pick

TO ANA: Miller + Tanev + 2nd or 3rd round pick

Of course this only works if they have cap room (eg. put a player on LTIR) so lots of things would have to fall into place. We should start looking at the long term now, don't blow our assets in a weak 2017 draft but load up in a deep draft. We add Theodore who is going to be a stud in himself, and a late 1st rounder. Take a defenceman with our 1st round pick (probably top-10, where there are plenty of very top-end D-men) and a powerforward with Anaheim's pick.

Dahlen - 2017 5th overall pick - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - UFA

Granlund - Sutter - Goldobin

2018 ANA pick - Gaunce - Virtanen

Theodore - 2018 VAN 1st

Juolevi - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa

I could see JB dealing one of the small wingers he'a accumulated: Granlund, Baert., Dahlin or even Goldibin as part of a package for a young PMD.

I think Anaheim will be forced to move a DMan and take back a forward to help them in the future and minimize ED loss.

I see TB being a very likely trade

partner for Anaheim.

Anaheim is jammed on D with puck movers. Say Manson gets taken in the expansion draft and they buy out KB or he waives. That leaves them with a plethora of young puck movers but hardly any real physical guys on the back end capable of heavy minutes. I think they would be willing to take a bigger Dman that is physical and good in his own end via FA, allowing them to move one of their younger guys for help up front. That's where I think we could be a willing partner if they are interested in any of our wingers. Any one of their young dman would step in and be a critical part of our top 4 and they could use the help up front. Because they have so many capable dmen I have a feeling they would be willing to gamble one of them to acquire some talent on the wing since their window for a cup for guys like kes and getzlaf/perry is closing soon.. I think someone is going to capitalize on anaheims abundance of dmen especially with the ED

ANA should throw a big pkg to Mtl for Price.

Ducks: Gibson, Rakell & Vatanen

MTL: Price

Habs should consider a rebuild/tool anyhow. Get 4 more good pieces for Weber. Their blend can't seem to cut it. By dealing Price, Webs & Pacc, they could re-stock half a frickin'team.

On 2017-5-24 at 4:10 AM, Eastsidenuck said:

Anaheim is jammed on D with puck movers. Say Manson gets taken in the expansion draft and they buy out KB or he waives. That leaves them with a plethora of young puck movers but hardly any real physical guys on the back end capable of heavy minutes. I think they would be willing to take a bigger Dman that is physical and good in his own end via FA, allowing them to move one of their younger guys for help up front. That's where I think we could be a willing partner if they are interested in any of our wingers. Any one of their young dman would step in and be a critical part of our top 4 and they could use the help up front. Because they have so many capable dmen I have a feeling they would be willing to gamble one of them to acquire some talent on the wing since their window for a cup for guys like kes and getzlaf/perry is closing soon.. I think someone is going to capitalize on anaheims abundance of dmen especially with the ED

Anaheim just lost to the predators who are loaded with puck moving defensemen. They aren't going to trade away their puck moving defensemen after that

Archived