The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour-Eklund) Canucks and Paul Byron

1 hour ago, theminister said:

It's just Eklund pairing the two Canadian markets together in a rumour for the clicks. 

Nothing to see here.

Gotta think there's more, otherwise he would've used a more eye catching name. Byron would hardly be a groundbreaking acquisition. 

if cheap i dont overly mind. I would not pay a 2nd, a 3rd rounder for him would be a erm rather not.

B- / C+ level prospect maybe like Pedan? Be funny if Bergevin wanted Jordan Subban. But potential Tanev trade I'd rather not get rid of RHD depth.

His versatility is pretty interesting for a young team to be able to slot in anywhere. C / LW / RW good cap hit and veteran presence.

Would make Sutter expendable probably or maybe we protect then trade one of Granlund or Baertschi for a good return whilst their value may be high.

Again depends on the price

Think it says an astonishing amount about the actual knowledge re: the rest of the league on this board when people see this dude's 5'8" and instantly say no, despite the fact he's better than the majority of the players in Vancouver's system. 

Yes, the rumour isn't true, but $&!#ting on the dude simply because of his size goes to show how gated some of you are when it comes to the league. 

I wouldn't go wasting assets on him but 20 goals and 40 points is most than almost all of the Canucks. It would be good to have someone push Boeser, Goldobin, Dahlen and Boucher for a roster spot. Are Baertschi, Granlund, Daniel and Eriksson alone enough?

Nothing says we're trying to win now like trading a 40 point guy that makes Just over a million bucks for the next couple years lol. They probably wouldn't take Goldobin and a 2nd for him at this point. 

heard from anonymous source in the mtl organization the discussions are based around Brandon Sutter and a possible depth add in sbisa.   

Brandon Sutter is a larger center who can address some of their size without tearing apart their top 2 c lines.  sbisa would be a depth add. not sure what the return would also include.   one would suspect more then Byron coming back.   

I would speculate likely a quality pick and possibly another b level prospect with potential a level upside.

Just now, Rush17 said:

heard from anonymous source in the mtl organization the discussions are based around Brandon Sutter and a possible depth add in sbisa.   

Brandon Sutter is a larger center who can address some of their size without tearing apart their top 2 c lines.  sbisa would be a depth add. not sure what the return would also include.   one would suspect more then Byron coming back.   

I would speculate likely a quality pick and possibly another b level prospect with potential a level upside.

this is how Eklund does it right? lol

35 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

You're saying that you have a source inside of the Canucks organization that is privy to trade conversations?

Archived