The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edler waive that no trade for Dallas!

Edler looks at home beside Klingberg in the World Championships.  Canucks are going to suck for at least 2 more seasons, so why not waive that no trade and go to a place that's got a chance?

With Sweden winning the freakin World Championship and Edler playing like he did a few years back, you'd figure his trade value was just bumped up.

He's got a decent contract, 2 years left at $5M per season.  Dallas gets Ducks 1st rounder this year for Patrick Eaves, let's ask them for that 1st rounder for Edler.

Edler

For

Ducks 1st round pick (owned by Dallas for Patrick Eaves)

Pretty decent price for them to pay for a legit top 4 dman.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Proposal] Edler waive that no trade for Dallas!
11 minutes ago, Pears said:

I'm all for getting another first and I think us and Dallas are a pretty good fit for trade partners right now but the 28th-31st overall by itself isn't enough for Edler. 

Good call!.............do you think Edler is worth more or less than.......Anaheim's 2017 1st and Dallas's 2017 2nd.......I think that is more inline with Edler's value........maybe a 1st and a 3rd?

11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Good call!.............do you think Edler is worth more or less than.......Anaheim's 2017 1st and Dallas's 2017 2nd.......I think that is more inline with Edler's value........maybe a 1st and a 3rd?

I don't see how that 1st and their 2nd isn't a fair deal. I'd prefer a 1st and a prospect a little further along in development though. Edler for a 1st and Dickinson or Tufte?

34 minutes ago, Pears said:

I'm all for getting another first and I think us and Dallas are a pretty good fit for trade partners right now but the 28th-31st overall by itself isn't enough for Edler. 

If Edler were a few years younger I would agree, push for a 1st plus pick or prospect.  Fact is he's on the wrong side of 30, injury prone and declining.  So if they give us more than a 1st, great but if it's the 28-31 OA pick, take it and run!

Klinberg did say he loved playing with edler. 

I dont know abt first rounder, in a week draft i dont see any issue with dallas (anahiem) trading its low first rounder but if somehow we can swing a deal fr that 3 rd overall involving elder but we dont have any prospect we can give up

8 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

Klinberg did say he loved playing with edler. 

I dont know abt first rounder, in a week draft i dont see any issue with dallas (anahiem) trading its low first rounder but if somehow we can swing a deal fr that 3 rd overall involving elder but we dont have any prospect we can give up

Asking price for the #3 overall is really high.  Not sure we have the right pieces to trade for the #3 straight up.  They would probably want NHL ready talent so Sven and Tanev for #3 overall?  I am not even sure that gets it done without adding something else....

Edler to Dallas for Anaheim 1st and Dallas 2nd (39)   or   

Edler for swap of 1sts  (5th and 3rd) and Anaheim 1st (29th?)

I'd rather gain 2 picks, than do the swap, but would be happy with either option.

33 minutes ago, Crotch_Crescent said:

Asking price for the #3 overall is really high.  Not sure we have the right pieces to trade for the #3 straight up.  They would probably want NHL ready talent so Sven and Tanev for #3 overall?  I am not even sure that gets it done without adding something else....

Are there sources citing an asking price? Last I heard was McKenzie who said the value was barely a Top 4 D or Top 6 forward (around the 6:50 mark of the interview)

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/mckenzie-not-sure-dallas-gets-top-six-f-or-top-four-d-for-3rd-overall-1.755661

Edler + our late 2nd round pick for Dallas' first please. Otherwise we keep Edler. Say what you want about him but we're a much worse team without him and pretty much commit to missing the playoffs without him. Don't have much on that left side right now as it is. Trading Tanev is alright, we've got Stecher, Gudbranson and possibly Subban on the right side but if we lose Edler we're stuck with Hutton and Sbisa to fill the gap. One injury and it's the season done.

21 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Are there sources citing an asking price? Last I heard was McKenzie who said the value was barely a Top 4 D or Top 6 forward (around the 6:50 mark of the interview)

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/mckenzie-not-sure-dallas-gets-top-six-f-or-top-four-d-for-3rd-overall-1.755661

Just putting myself in Dallas shoes and thinking about what it would take to get the no 3 overall.   If Benning called I would ask for tanev, Sven plus....... I get the no 3 overall might not yield Erik karlsson, but let's say heiskanen turns into Ekman Larsson.  Pretty cruddy return if all I got was a past his prime edler or tanev plus a draft pick.

I know we wouldn't trade 2 of our top D but what about

Tanev +4th to Toronto for Kasp + 17th + 2nd or 3rd?

than take the 17th + Edler for 3rd + Niemi

Dallas ends up with 2 first round picks still and frees up the goalie delema while improving their D. 

Our D would be horrible but opens up for stop gap contracts and trading them at the deadline. This would also open doors for trades with other teams not looking to lose a D in the expansion draft.  

Out = Tanev, Edler, 17th +4th

Kasp+ 2nd or 3rd + 3rd overall + Niemi

1 hour ago, Crotch_Crescent said:

why the hell would u even give up so much for a 3rd overall? this draft lacks high end talent to begin with and pretty much a top 2 draft and even the top 2 is prolly weaker than last years top 3-4.. and you are ready to give up Sven and tanev for a gamble? i'll take Sven any day over any picks after #2.. at least Sven have started to prove he can play and score.. and still young.. 

Archived