The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev to Nashville; Subban to Hogtown(Proposal)

After Nashville wins it all, leaving Sindey pouting. Poile has quickly & utterly schooled Mtl's Bergevin, now he moves costly contract out east.

To TO: PK Subban(retain 1 mill per yr), Aberg

- deal Subban day before the ED, to protect his other big-3 defencemen

Nashville receives:

JVR

Leafs 2017 1st

2018 1st & 2018 2nd(their own picks)

Kapanen

The league loves the hometown star in his TO market(the cash cow for revenue). Poile wins Cup, then shuffles out big contract for more picks & youth. The Preds turn most picks into gold. 

THEN:

Leaf 2017 1st, 2018 2nd & Kapanen to...

Canucks, for Tanev.

- This trade is the day after ED(meaning Van protected Tans, expressly for this deal)

Nashville's D, in 2018:

Ekholm - Ellis

Josi - Tanev

^This elite foursome for about 15,000,000 AAV next 2 years.

Van, Nash & TO all get what they want.

Nashville has no interest in that trade.  Poile has pretty much confirmed that he is protecting his 4Ds.  Button was saying that there is no one at F other than Johansen and Forsberg that is their equal.  

Johansen, Forsberg and Arvidsson - that's only 3.  The 4th spot is probably for Neal but he didn't have a great season.  Smith and Wilson have not lived up to their contracts.

Tanev is also not their type of D.  They only want offensive Ds - guys who can put up points and cycle with the Fs. 

Poile also said he would have never moved Weber if it was not for Subban being available.

23 minutes ago, mll said:

Nashville has no interest in that trade.  Poile has pretty much confirmed that he is protecting his 4Ds.  Button was saying that there is no one at F other than Johansen and Forsberg that is their equal.  

Johansen, Forsberg and Arvidsson - that's only 3.  The 4th spot is probably for Neal but he didn't have a great season.  Smith and Wilson have not lived up to their contracts.

Tanev is also not their type of D.  They only want offensive Ds - guys who can put up points and cycle with the Fs. 

Poile also said he would have never moved Weber if it was not for Subban being available.

Tanev is definitely not their D. They only want players who will get them to the Finals. 

11 minutes ago, Provost said:

I have no idea what motivation Nashville would have to disrupt the formula that has so far gotten them to their first Stanley Cup final.

Subban for Weber swap is one of the biggest factors in their success.

The motivation is to conveniently get Vancouver fans the players and picks that they want for Tanev. 

22 minutes ago, Provost said:

I have no idea what motivation Nashville would have to disrupt the formula that has so far gotten them to their first Stanley Cup final.

Subban for Weber swap is one of the biggest factors in their success.

2 things...

- something for bored fans to blab about

- & they're determined to repeat the Weber/Subban plot...

Yannik Weber for Jordan Subban..it's sure to happen!

Poile turned down 4 1sts for Shea Weber. He then traded an older Shea for a younger PK. I think that should make it pretty clear what Poile thinks of PK. This proposal does not even get close to his value.

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

2 things...

- something for bored fans to blab about

- & they're determined to repeat the Weber/Subban plot...

Yannik Weber for Jordan Subban..it's sure to happen!

Okay, a team is not going to make a trade so that "bored fans can blab". A team is going to make a trade if it improves the team they have based on the circumstances they are in. They are also not making these trades to give the media stories and have some "grand plot".

Poile wanted Subban for a reason. This is sports franchise, not hockey cards that you just trade with other people. I realise this is a proposal forum, but I just think this one makes 0 sense for Nashville. In fact, it's backwards for Nashville. lol

24 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Okay, a team is not going to make a trade so that "bored fans can blab". A team is going to make a trade if it improves the team they have based on the circumstances they are in. They are also not making these trades to give the media stories and have some "grand plot".

Poile wanted Subban for a reason. This is sports franchise, not hockey cards that you just trade with other people. I realise this is a proposal forum, but I just think this one makes 0 sense for Nashville. In fact, it's backwards for Nashville. lol

Hmm..howz'bout my Weber for Subban, original idea?! :^/

You should know not to take my proposals TOO seriously. Mostly, I like to get folks talking about valuations, & possibly alternative teams involved. It's pretty rare that everyday posters forecast teams/players with any accuracy.

That said, with the ED-deal, I'm rather curious as to how many surprising deals may come about ? It's probably going to be a rather active June, with the stricter expansion-exposure set up. Scenarios with all teams possibly looking to do biz.

Subban's NTC kicked in one or two days after his trade.  

I also believe despite growing up in Toronto, Subban grew up a Habs fan, not sure what his motivation would be playing for Toronto.  Plus, not sure Babcock wants him and not sure Subban wants to play for him, after making the Olympic team and barely played and then wasn't selected for the World Cup.

10 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Pretty sure Nashville is going to name Subban the mayor. 

That is pretty funny. . .    BUT probably true.   Wonder how Shea Weber is feeling?   PK has done well during these playoffs.   That was a dumb trade by GM of Montreal more because of Weber's age and the length of the contract.   I know for sure that PK was really devastated by the trade.   I am PRAYING for a SENS and PREDS final but, but, but . . Will that happen?   Don't know but I will be SAD if it doesn't.  Having said that does this year belong to Nashville.   I think maybe yes . . .Look how well they have done with their top two centers out.  Everyone plain and simple steps up.

21 hours ago, mll said:

as noted by another poster..  mtl traded subban just before his ntc kicked in (not sure if it is a nmc or not )

players are less disposable and tradeable then many on this site believe

also let's look at the nashville model

if they do in fact win the cup the thinking of many gms will change

even if they do not win the cup their formula for success is innovative and will change the thinking of some gms about the value of puck moving and offensive minded defensemen.. their value will increase

and guess what.. the defensive minded dman will loose value. .hello tanev

i think the strong d trend is already a hit. ----- look at what ottawa has also been able to do with a superior offensive dman

the game is again changing

i doubt tanev has the value so many on here hope

he is an elite defensive dman . .

clearly a valuable asset

but more like that really good 2 way defensive minded 3 line centre (malholtra type)

simply is not worth an elite top line player in return anymore

i think it is pretty clear his value was not increased by this new focus on offensive minded dmen on display in these playoffs

^Disagree with this 'redefining' D-approach, folks are clinging to. Doesn't HAVE to be offensive. Look at Pitt..buncha' D-stiffs, especially after Schultz went down. It comes down to the overall-composition of each team. Then, what are the main opposing-styles of teams in your div/conf?

What IS universally desirable are D-men who can skate. I'll certainly agree there'll be more GM-emphasis on nabbing D who can wheel, & think quickly.

Tanev fits that to a T. I'm not worried about return, should we choose to deal him. We'll do fine there.

Archived