The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Edler the more valuable asset?

cuporbust

Edler or Tanev?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys. Just read this article about Edler's world championship performance , and to me , the question is who is actually the more valuable asset, Tanev or Edler? There has been tons of speculation on Tanev being the best piece to move , but i would argue that even with age considered, Edler just might be a better fit with the teams looking to add a top d man. 

Granted there are age and NTC issues with Edler, but he does bring a more physical game , and more offense ability as well. 

Thoughts ? 

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-alex-edler-makes-big-impact-at-2017-iihf-world-championship/c-289484132

Screenshot_2017-05-24-14-16-23-1.png

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Hey guys. Just read this article about Edler's world championship performance , and to me , the question is who is actually the more movable asset, Tanev or Edler? There has been tons of speculation on Tanev being the best piece to move , but i would argue that even with age considered, Elder just might be a better fit with the teams looking to add a top d man. 

Granted there are age and NTC issues with Edler, but he does bring a more physical game , and more offense ability as well. 

Thoughts ? 

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-alex-edler-makes-big-impact-at-2017-iihf-world-championship/c-289484132

Screenshot_2017-05-24-14-16-23-1.png

The Edler that plays for Sweden would be the more movable asset. The Edler that plays for the Canucks not so much.

Just now, Rick Blight said:

The Edler that plays for Sweden would be the more movable asset. The Edler that plays for the Canucks not so much.

That could the result of being complacent. A move for him could very well motivate him to be that guy again.  

Just now, cuporbust said:

That could the result of being complacent. A move for him could very well motivate him to be that guy again.  

I actually like Edler but I am getting kind of tired watching him play with passion for Sweden all the time while he is almost devoid of it when playing for the Canucks. If he could bring that same passion to the Canucks on a regular basis I would not like to see him moved at all.

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

Elder is a puzzling player, he is more than capable of elevating his game when the skill level of his team mates is high. He's the tofu of defensemen, tastes like whatever he's cooked (or in this case playing) with.

He needs a change of scenery 

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

Not at all. He has the final say making it much more difficult.

Ya I just changed it to valuable. Thats more what I am wondering. Who would generate more interest is what I mean basically. I would say Edler has more to offer if he was consistent. Neither had a very good year.  

Just now, cuporbust said:

Ya I just changed it to valuable. Thats more what I am wondering. Who would generate more interest is what I mean basically. I would say Edler has more to offer if he was consistent. Neither had a very good year.  

It really depends on the other teams needs. A team like Toronto would value Tanev more because they don't need anymore LD. But a team like Winnipeg would have no interest in Tanev because they're RD heavy and would have more interest in Edler.

Overall it's really though to decide which has more value because it's definitely close.

Archived