The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Philip Holm

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed defenceman Philip Holm to a one-year, entry-level contract. The 6'1", 190-pound defenceman most recently represented Sweden on the international stage at the 2017 World Championship, helping to earn gold for his home country.

"Philip is a mobile, two-way defenceman who adds depth to our blueline," said Benning. "He made strides in his development last season with Vaxjo and played a strong series with Sweden at the World Championships. We're pleased to welcome him to the Canucks organization." 

Holm, 25, spent the 2016-17 with the Vaxjo Lakers of the Swedish Hockey League where he posted 21 points (4-17-21) and 30 penalty minutes in 52 games. He was a plus-24 on the season and earned the honours for the 2016-17 best plus/minus in the SHL.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-sign-philip-holm/c-289627122

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

sbisa could be traded as well       left side of edler hutton  juolevi  holm  right side tanev gudbranson stecher with a bunch of youngsters  call up available subban mceneny pricebois chatfield sautner 

Probably a dumb question here but I really don't know so I'm going to ask it... Does Holm now need to be protected from expansion draft or is he exempt because the contract is for next season? 

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

Probably a dumb question here but I really don't know so I'm going to ask it... Does Holm now need to be protected from expansion draft or is he exempt because the contract is for next season? 

Just now, Aladeen said:

I could be wrong, but I think he needs 2 years of professional experience in NA and a certain amount of games played in those two years to be eligible.

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

exempt ..cause the contract will kick in after july 1

5 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I don't think it matters.

Archived