The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phillip Holm | #29 | D

Rollieo Del Fuego

Benny needs to become Ben...if he started to take things a bit more seriously ...as in grow up and get a grasp of the big picture....then he might put in the concentrated effort needed to improve in a linear fashion.

If he keeps on looking like he is at the country club, he may be in for a hard lesson...

I still think he has it in him...he just has to look a bit more like Stecher does...even in practise Stecher looks like he's about to puke ...literally all the time, even on the bench.  If Benny wants to be Ben, he has to do the work ...it's more than video games in the summer, it's skills improvement or AHL.

I will miss the wink....but I think he's down the road...

16 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

All right we get to see our 900k Swede tonight .

i hope he plays well.

As bad as the d-zone was for the Canucks in Vegas I thought Holm did OK. At lot of the scoring ops came from missed assignments by the Canuck forwards. Hard for the d-men to know who would be covered. Holm made a nice hit in the 1st and handled the puck well enough. 

Nice skater. Good size. He looked a little nervous but that's to be expected. He turns real quick on his blades which makes him very agile. Head up. Decent first game. I don't like him with Pouliot though. I would prefer to see him with Stetcher. Look forward to seeing more of Holm.

8 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

If Holm continues improving does it make Hutton expendable?  I would be good with a hutton trade to the leafs or sabres.

Even without Holm I think Hutton is expendable.  In my mind, Green preferring Pouliot over Hutton (which I accept, just seems to be more there with Pouliot) ultimately made Hutton expendable.  If Holm continues to emerge that makes it doubly so.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Even without Holm I think Hutton is expendable.  In my mind, Green preferring Pouliot over Hutton (which I accept, just seems to be more there with Pouliot) ultimately made Hutton expendable.  If Holm continues to emerge that makes it doubly so.

Id agree that I like Pouliots game more. Higher offensive IQ such as the play where he fed a perfect pass/shot to Daniel for a very good tip in chance. Seems to have a higher upside and Id like to see him get top 4 minutes down the stretch. Trade Del Zotto and Hutton. Play Pouliot, Holm and Wiercoch down the stretch.

12 hours ago, rekker said:

Nice skater. Good size. He looked a little nervous but that's to be expected. He turns real quick on his blades which makes him very agile. Head up. Decent first game. I don't like him with Pouliot though. I would prefer to see him with Stetcher. Look forward to seeing more of Holm.

I think he might pair well with Biegga as well....  or better yet , Tryamkin. :)

I see nothing wrong with Holmes game, only nerves... let’s see what we have in 5 games...  he wants to stay.

20 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Id agree that I like Pouliots game more. Higher offensive IQ such as the play where he fed a perfect pass/shot to Daniel for a very good tip in chance. Seems to have a higher upside and Id like to see him get top 4 minutes down the stretch. Trade Del Zotto and Hutton. Play Pouliot, Holm and Wiercoch down the stretch.

Pouliot seems to have more offensive upside than Hutton and skates as well or maybe a bit better. Hutton is better in the d-zone. Neither have shone that much this year. Pouliot does not have the same number of NHL games in his history. That said neither have enough games to know where they top out at. I doubt Benning moves Hutton simply because of the time invested and there being no imperative to do so, especially since he would not get much back. I like Hutton's size at 210 pounds and I think this period of sitting out might turn the light bulb on.  

Archived