The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phillip Holm | #29 | D

Rollieo Del Fuego

On 2/5/2018 at 4:07 PM, aGENT said:

Be interesting to see who/if they paper any kids down at the TDL to join the Comets when the Canucks season is over. Virtanen I could see but not Boeser (though he'd clean up down there :lol: ).

Yeah it wouldn't make any sense to paper down Boeser, he has already proven he is NHL calibre, making him play more games would be dangerous as it would likely make him susceptible to fatigue, and even worse injury from fatigue or from reckless AHL goons targeting him. 

I would like to see Virtanen down in Utica playing prime mins.  I believed from the beginning he should've started in Utica despite his solid preseason.  Kid has no confidence and the mismanagement of his development has really hurt him.  

3 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

I hope they give him a chance to play versus letting him watch Biega throw empty hits and take the puck successfully through to the offensive end only to waste any kind of opportunity by giving up the puck for an odd man rush the other way

Holm plays left side, Biega right.

Hopefully this means a potential Edler/MDZ/Hutton trade....

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Holm plays left side, Biega right.

Hopefully this means a potential Edler/MDZ/Hutton trade....

Not sure he's ready yet, according to Cull's recent comments.  He's made lots of progress but still has work to do.  Would expect he's here at least until Tanev returns but yeah, certainly hope he gets in a game or two.

On 2018-02-10 at 7:12 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Yeah it wouldn't make any sense to paper down Boeser, he has already proven he is NHL calibre, making him play more games would be dangerous as it would likely make him susceptible to fatigue, and even worse injury from fatigue or from reckless AHL goons targeting him. 

I would like to see Virtanen down in Utica playing prime mins.  I believed from the beginning he should've started in Utica despite his solid preseason.  Kid has no confidence and the mismanagement of his development has really hurt him.  

36 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not sure he's ready yet, according to Cull's recent comments.  He's made lots of progress but still has work to do.  Would expect he's here at least until Tanev returns but yeah, certainly hope he gets in a game or two.

Virtanen’s last NHL goal was a very confident goal.  There Is no issue of confidence, why make one up?

16 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Nice to see Holm called up. This is JB's last chance to see what he has in Holm. I bet if they don't play him , he will become a decent defenseman for another NHL club.

Hardly his last chance. No need to be so dramatic. Holm himself has gone on record saying he doesn't intend on heading back to Europe, pretty sure he's viewed development time in Utica as his path to the NHL with the Canucks.

14 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Hardly his last chance. No need to be so dramatic. Holm himself has gone on record saying he doesn't intend on heading back to Europe, pretty sure he's viewed development time in Utica as his path to the NHL with the Canucks.

Not just that, the fact that he's shown that he can handle the AHL must give him more confidence in making the NHL, so why bolt now? If he plays some NHL games, it will show if he can transition to a higher league or at least show up what he needs to improve on for next year.

On 5/26/2017 at 10:14 PM, zzbottom said:

The Blackhawks should just troll the rest of the league and let it "leak" that they are interested in everyone overseas, so the rest of the league stumbles towards said players with contract offers. 

Uh, ok.    Holm was one of the more intriguing UFA signings last summer in my book as he developed so well over past two years in Sweden to become a very sound 2-way Dman.   I think it is great he is getting his shot at the NHL.   

Not sure anyone "stumbled" here but am hoping Holm puts a stop to the silly comments.

15 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Not only that but Holm is a RFA after this season.  The only NHL team that he will be playing for any time soon is the Vancouver Canucks.

Archived