The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton: Do We Really Need Him?

Horvats_Big_Head

I might've been fooled by his offensive numbers in his rookie campaign, but that wore off in his sophomore season. I think he's horrible defensively and isn't playing to his rookie year potential offensively. Same/similar opinion on Stecher, too. And, further, by comparison I'm still peeved and perplexed that the organisation apparently felt they couldn't wait for Subban to develop. Exactly what are they seeing in Hutton and Stecher that Subban supposedly didn't possess to have warranted as long a rope as those two? 

21 hours ago, alfstonker said:

It is inappropriate to start this kind of thread imo. I don't like these threads and never have done. They are usually started by someone who hasn't a clue but wants to get their knife into a particular player.

There are a whole lot of players I would rather part with on this team but I am not a GM or a coach so I leave it up to the guys who actually know what they are doing.

You read the first post? 

Pouliot shows some flash of what I want on the defense for this team. Hutton hasn’t in a longtime. I hope he gets traded for a similar player who also needs a fresh start. Both teams do good in the trade and the players have decent careers. Maybe there will be a pop up book made of what a great heart warming story comes from it. 

Archived