• Announcements

    • StealthNuck

      All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

      ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
shanghai o

[Proposal] Vancouver- Dallas. Get top Centre and 2 top defenseman

Recommended Posts

dallas isn't going to move honka and i hope canucks don't move granlund. i'ld be more interested in who dallas would be willing to trade the 3rd pick for and which team has the player they would want? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had the 3rd and 5th overall pick I'd still take two centres. Down the road we'd have Horvat, Sutter, Vilardi and lets say Glass. Our top 9 would be solid at C and one of them could play wing, not including our other prospects. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shanghai o said:

To Dallas: Chris Tanev, Markus Granlund, Jordan Subban

 

To Vancouver: 3rd Overall, Julius Honka, Niemmi Contract

 

Why Dallas does this: Seguin is 25, Benn is 27. Their Star players are in their prime and still have players like Spezza and Sharp who can contribute. By adding a top pairing defenseman this helps massively steady out Dallas's horrid defensive game and Tanev is in his prime age at 27 on a cheap contract of 4.5 million for 3 more years, Players like these coming available today is very rare and very sought after. By adding Granlund they get a young winger/centre who put up 19 goals in 69 games as a 23 year old arguably in his 1st real season of NHL action. They lose Niemi and his cap that comes along with it which frees up cap space and better allows them to sign Bishop. After this trade, Dallas becomes much better defensively, gains offensive secondary scoring, loses an important bad contract and the 2 players gained both fit into their young core age moving forward.

 

Why Vancouver does this: Vancouver does this to add 3 key players to propel their rebuild and future core, and make their future more promising by adding this top end talent of likely a top centre, and 2 highly skilled defenseman. After this trade Canucks walk away with something like, Vilardi, one of Heiskansen/Lilijgren/Makar and Julius Honka who was a previous first round selection and has progressed well and would likely be with the Canucks next year. This trade would mean not resigning Miller and rolling with a Markstrom/Niemmi duo next year where Niemmi's contract would expire following the 2017-2018 season.

 

Vancouver now has a top 2 punch of centres with Horvat and Vilardi, while also having an outstanding defensive pool going forward of the Heiskansen/Lilijgren/Makar selection, Olli Juolevi, Julius Honka, Ben Hutton, Troy Stetcher, Erik Gudbranson, Guillamine Briseboise. Canucks once weakness and vital aspect of the game in defense, and now centre with Horvat, Vilardi,Gaudette, are now major strengths while Canucks will continue to look for offensive wingers.

 

This trade does make sense for both teams.  Losing Granlund stings a bit but no way they would consider this trade otherwise.  Good post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Honka is going to be a stud and obviously having the 3rd pick will be huge.  Losing Granlund will hurt at first but you gotta pay to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dallas says no. I'd say Tanev + Granlund = 3rd OA. That leaves Subban to equal Honka + Niemi Contract and I think that Dallas loses that part.

 

That said, this deal probably isn't that far off. If we threw in another prospect or perhaps a 4th rounder, it might get done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shanghai o said:

To Dallas: Chris Tanev, Markus Granlund, Jordan Subban

 

To Vancouver: 3rd Overall, Julius Honka, Niemmi Contract

 

Why Dallas does this: Seguin is 25, Benn is 27. Their Star players are in their prime and still have players like Spezza and Sharp who can contribute. By adding a top pairing defenseman this helps massively steady out Dallas's horrid defensive game and Tanev is in his prime age at 27 on a cheap contract of 4.5 million for 3 more years, Players like these coming available today is very rare and very sought after. By adding Granlund they get a young winger/centre who put up 19 goals in 69 games as a 23 year old arguably in his 1st real season of NHL action. They lose Niemi and his cap that comes along with it which frees up cap space and better allows them to sign Bishop. After this trade, Dallas becomes much better defensively, gains offensive secondary scoring, loses an important bad contract and the 2 players gained both fit into their young core age moving forward.

 

Why Vancouver does this: Vancouver does this to add 3 key players to propel their rebuild and future core, and make their future more promising by adding this top end talent of likely a top centre, and 2 highly skilled defenseman. After this trade Canucks walk away with something like, Vilardi, one of Heiskansen/Lilijgren/Makar and Julius Honka who was a previous first round selection and has progressed well and would likely be with the Canucks next year. This trade would mean not resigning Miller and rolling with a Markstrom/Niemmi duo next year where Niemmi's contract would expire following the 2017-2018 season.

Call JB and propose this trade, persuad him that now is the time to move tanev and to collect more picks. full-on rebuild!

Walking away at the draft with..

...Vilardi/Mittelstadt/Glass

...Heiskanen/Liljegren/Makar

...Honka

That would be very promising for the canucks future and our prospect pool would suddenly look pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen crazier props(Heck, perhaps half of my own!:^).

 

We got two chances, Dallas GM would bite this hook: Slim & Nill, & BOTH are outa' town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting the Granlund brothers together would be a great bonus in this deal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Putting the Granlund brothers together would be a great bonus in this deal.

 

I think the other one plays in Minny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think Dallas says no. I'd say Tanev + Granlund = 3rd OA. That leaves Subban to equal Honka + Niemi Contract and I think that Dallas loses that part.

 

That said, this deal probably isn't that far off. If we threw in another prospect or perhaps a 4th rounder, it might get done.

Would .Dallas have any interest in Sutter instead of Granlund?  Does that exchange sweeten the deal, or make it worse - from Dallas' point of view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would .Dallas have any interest in Sutter instead of Granlund?  Does that exchange sweeten the deal, or make it worse - from Dallas' point of view?

Not sure tbh as I'm not sure of their exact needs. The idea of having both Granlunds has to be appealing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alflives said:

Would .Dallas have any interest in Sutter instead of Granlund?  Does that exchange sweeten the deal, or make it worse - from Dallas' point of view?

Hitch apparently wants to play Seguin, Spezza and Faksa at C.  Heika speculates that they will try and trade Eakin because they have no opening at C - so it's doubtful they would want Sutter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Not sure tbh as I'm not sure of their exact needs. The idea of having both Granlunds has to be appealing though.

Minnesota is not trading Granlund.  

They won't trade for Markus.  In January, their owner Craig Leopold was saying that they had not yet built a contender - he says their weakness is size and hopes that their upcoming prospects are going to help with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mll said:

Minnesota is not trading Granlund.  

They won't trade for Markus.  In January, their owner Craig Leopold was saying that they had not yet built a contender - he says their weakness is size and hopes that their upcoming prospects are going to help with that.  

Oh geez, I was mixed up with a Minnesota proposal. Yeah then that's not a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't we have a management / ownership grudge with Dallas? If we don't - I think Dallas wants more in this trade for Honka, wouldn't you?

 

I kinda think we're better to lay off the draft pick trades this year unless we're getting Hischier. I'm sold 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Stars are not going to move Honka. Also you aren't going to fleece them for taking one of their goalies. A Niemi buyout will not cost them much. They also have a ton of cap space. I assume they want to make additions this offseason but if they did not they could roll into next season with all three goalies, they have the space for it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think the other one plays in Minny?

Ohh crap nvm lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.